Egt gauge

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
auber aswell hooked it up so it holds the ignition on till the temp goes down works well

Ive got a sealed tip.but i looked at the open..sealed is very responsive anyway.open tip better suits lower temps like post intercooler air temp measurements

I only read the first part of rumpigs post and saw inlet and after turbo. That was my answer. But now I have read it properly. I have no idea why you would need to know before and after turbo exhaust temps. Sorry about that.

Pre turbo will vary in temps a lot more than post turbo, they will also be a fair bit higher than post turbo. As to why you would want to check both, I'm not sure of, but the harder you push the engine the higher the temperature variance will be...

why would you want to no the before and after turbo temps?

The easiest place to fit a sensor is after the turbo, but that doesn't give an accurate temp reading of the cylinder. ZD30s (thou mostly the Patrol version ) have a reputation for melting pistons so when i removed the EGR pipe i put another one there to get better readings. I back off over 720 c.

The easiest place to fit a sensor is after the turbo, but that doesn't give an accurate temp reading of the cylinder. ZD30s (thou mostly the Patrol version ) have a reputation for melting pistons so when i removed the EGR pipe i put another one there to get better readings. I back off over 720 c.

What does you post turbo probe read when pre is at 700ish?
Im yet to fit the post turbo one.

Learn something every day.

Sorry been reading for hours an I need a EGT gauge and steering towards the Auberins aswell. Am I better off getting the sealed tip TC-KEGTS ? and longer probe chord and do I go with 1/8NPT Or metric M8 or M10 ?
Thanx fellas I'm on nightshift and going round in circles haha

1/8 npt thread sealed tip is what you want...long shaft one tho..the metric ones ive ordered are only suitable for alloy mounting

Looks like you need to order separately for the long shaft probe but says that it's for exhausts 4"- 8".
What probe has anyone else ordered ? and is it an easy install into dump pipe ? Got a 3" S/S Manta
Cheers

Latest posts

Back