electrical gremlins in headlights/blinkers/wipers

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaun_nav

Reaction score
Hi guys, recently ive been having a spot of bother with my electrics. I start work at 4 in the morning so at the moment its fairly cold when I leave for work (2-7 degrees) and when I turn my headlights on sometimes I have to have the wipers on for the headlights to work, but in saying that the wipers arnt going, they wont work unless I turn the headlights off.
Also my blinkers wont work until im near the end of my 20-25 min trip. Although when I lock/unlock my car the blinkers flash.
Now I know this sounds weird but it only does it when its cold, I finish work at 2pm, come out and everything works as it should.
Has this happened to anyone else?
Or would anyone know how to fix, I dont even know where to start.
Cheers guys, Shaun

Box mounted in footwell near left foot kneel down beside car and stick your head in you should see it about 300mm off floor about 200 off firewall , the plug you are most interested in has a lot of smaller wires in it

Looking at the schematic for the control stick, it is based on a keyboard setup with rows and columns being pulsed and read. Does the hi beam work when you pull the stick in? Does the washer work ? There could be a break in the output1 from the bcm and when the cabin warms up, the break closes and the circuit works normally. You may need to get a multimeter and probe from the bcm end of the cable to the wiper switch to make sure there is continuity. Input5 / input4 is also part of the matrix that controls the lights, indicators.

Dex

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407321873.183030.jpg
Connector top left , also try when it's having it's tizzy to push and wiggle that connector

Does the hi beam work when you pull the stick in? Does the washer work ?

Dex[/QUOTE]
no the high beam and wipers dont work when I tried to use them

Fuuny you shoud mention new stereo, Tony.. I just put a new one in mine and now, randomly, when I indicate left or right it power flicks the head-unit.. RANDOM..

I have checked the Earth plug that the stereo uses, and even moved it just in case..

Perhaps the OP can look at that earth strap?

I mention it because for some reason only known to the Gods, Nissan decided to share an earth for the stereo and the instruments. That might extend to the body control module which is responsible for lights and wipers.

The earth issue is easily solved. Get a nice hunk of black wire, connect it to the chassis of the radio (NOT with blue-tack) and affix the other end to a nice shiny bolt somewhere under the dash. There's one just to the right of the steering column that I use.

Latest posts

Back