electronic rust proofing

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmmm. marketing assistance. Yeah I would say they were awesome too if I got the units fitted for nothing.

My wife worked for a consulting engineers office where the head engineer is or was the president of the Australasian Corrosion Engineers Asscosiation. He basically told me not to waste my money on these systems and that it was all hype....FYI

Now where is that can-o-worms.

There is a growing number of people that suggest this stuff doesn't actually do as it says, but there is still plenty who say it does. Dr Karl Kruszelnicki has suggested in the past that such systems don't work and he's pretty smart, but then he probably doesn't drive a Navara so smarts can only get someone so far in the credibility department.

Being an engineer and dealing with corrosion and failures everyday i no that these do not work. They base it on what oil and gas rigs, and many other things that are fully submerged in water. They work on a basic anode and cathode principal. where an anode acts as a sacrificial material (Zinc Aluminium or maganesium). for this to work it needs an electric charge to be carried through the cathode and anode but it needs to be fully submerged in water for that to work.

Thats a basic sacrificial anode system, not an impressed current system. Both have been used successfully on ships and wharves for many years. But these are to maintain the life of anti-fouling systems.

Latest posts

Back