Engine bay diagram please.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dezzdash

Reaction score
Hi I'm trying to learn as much as i can about engines off this forum can someone please label this and repost of the main components so i have some idea of what I'm looking at. thank you :D
including all the little plastic boxes lol!

Attachments

• 2009-nissannavara-d40-dualcab-stx-diesel-review-30-thumb.jpg
    2009-nissannavara-d40-dualcab-stx-diesel-review-30-thumb.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 3,315
Haven't you worked out how to open the PDF manual on a Mac yet because all those bits and pieces are clearly labelled in the service manual. The manual also has the added bonus that each part will show you what else it connects too via the sections that the manual is set up in.

Asking to label each part in such a small pic is going to be rather cluttered.

That would about sum it up i reckon. Can figure out the technical names from what is said I.E radiator coolant goes in here = Radiator.

That would about sum it up i reckon. Can figure out the technical names from what is said I.E radiator coolant goes in here = Radiator.

key goes in hole near stering wheel turn to start engine if doesnt work call nrma spend money

Haven't you worked out how to open the PDF manual on a Mac yet because all those bits and pieces are clearly labelled in the service manual. The manual also has the added bonus that each part will show you what else it connects too via the sections that the manual is set up in.

Asking to label each part in such a small pic is going to be rather cluttered.

nope, i only changed to mac recently. I'm very busy i don't get to the time for figuring that stuff for myself

ECM. Engine Control Management.
MAF is Air Flow Metre.

Oil filter is on the side of the motor. There on the right side Krankin tells me.

The oil filter sits low on the engine and isn't visible in the photo. The MAFS is only just barely visible as a black lump on the back of the air tube, but enough people have had problems with that little sucker that having a photograph showing its location rather clearly was too good an opportunity to pass up. The location of the ECM may have been something people have wondered about as well, so it was also included.

I noted the glow relay for a similar reason - a user here recently had one blow up and knowing WHERE this is might have been interesting for some.

I did miss some things but there wasn't a lot of room for more labels. The PCV line is visible - the rubber hose coming off the top of the rear of the engine which has a foil-ish covering added, sitting just to the left of the air conditioning line in the above pic. This is the hose that you disconnect and run into a catch can. You can just make out the EGR tube coming off the back of the exhaust manifold (it's just visible below the "turbocharged air" hose).

nope, i only changed to mac recently. I'm very busy i don't get to the time for figuring that stuff for myself

Busy is a state of mind, do yourself a favour and download adobe acrobat for Mac, it's free from the adobe website and will take less than 5 mins to download an install. While it's downloading, download the manual from this site, it's a bit bigger but will still only take about 5 mins max. Read manual in Acrobat and have exploded diagrams, descriptions and part names listed for every part in the ute. Relying on others for every piece of information will only get you so far, busy or not.

Maybe you should get busy krafty, then you could spend less time on here telling other people what to do, if you don't wanna help, then don't. But don't bag a bloke for trying to learn and asking the question.

That picture is extremely useful to most people, because if they are looking at buying a car and they open the bonnet and it looks like that picture ,they know straight away not to buy the car!

Last edited:
The less time I spend on here the less people I get to annoy, I just don't see the fun in not being here.

Latest posts

Back