engine information...???

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sutho2013

Reaction score
hey guys i want to know the difference in the engines are for the 2.5lt and 3.0lt turbo diesel navara's and if there is any this my first post and i need to know as much as i can.. please help!!! im buying a navara for my first car and i dont have alot of time..
many thanks
dylan

if its the 4cycl 3lt

go the 2.5 as its more powerful and efficient

if its the v6 than by all means go the 3lt

depends if you want a D22 or D40 and what you're going to use it for and how much you want to spend.
The D22's ran the 3.0L up to 2005/6 I believe then they went to 2.5L.
D40 has always had the 2.5L but now has the 3.0L V6 diesel which shits on everything. If buying a D40, stay clear of the manuals as the clutches don't last too long.
As you mentioned in the chat that you don't know the difference, the D22 and D40 are different cars, google them both or look on carsales and you'll see the difference in them. D40 is more of a family car and the D22 is more of a workhorse IMO

2.5 is faster but has less torque below 2000rpm, uses less fuel to but can be prone to timing chain failure.

3.0 is slower and old tech but very reliable, still good on fuel (I get 650km to a tank before the fuel light comes on), with the right mods you can bring its power up substantially.

Latest posts

Back