engine issue

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyle300exc

Reaction score
Wondering if someone can help me please?
Ive had some dramas lately with my navara mainly due to a mechanic that left a rag in the air box when doing a service. To cut a long story short I have now replaced the turbo and inter cooler.
The original problem after the mechanic stuffed the car was it lagged in power at around 100ks on the freeway. the power just tapered off. If you let your foot off the accelerator and put your foot down again it was ok for a while. That lead me to get the engine analyzed. Where I found out the turbo blades were all broken from the rag going through.
replaced turbo and inter cooler and the same problem is happening. If I drive it like I stole it it goes great can easily power up to 130kph on the freeway under load. But at cruising speed of 110 it drops in power again.
Yes I could put into get the car checked again but to be honest after shelling out $3000 in the last week my bank account is a little worse for wear. Particularly with Christmas around the corner.
Any advice ?
Thanks in advance

why were you the one paying for some idiots cock up? I'd be taking them to court if they don't pay for the car to be fixed 100%

The car had had some work done to the head previously by another mechanic. Which I mentioned at the time to this guy. He accused me of bringing the car to him when I knew it had problems already. Which is a lie, I took it to him because I had won a free oil change from him and asked he do a full service at the same time. What a **** up

Should probably seek legal advice, IMO you have a case and he is liable for damages since his rag was the cause of the second lot of issues.

Morally I agree but I am not sure how I can prove it was him. Ill ring a solicitor and see how I go.

The air filter in my airbox is at the top of the box and the only way a rag left inside the airbox could get through to the turbocharger is if there was no air filter - unless the mechanic put the rag into the tube to keep that part clean while the air filter was out, then forgot to remove the rag - now that sounds more likely.

And it's also pointing straight at his culpability. Whether there was something else wrong with the engine, the destruction of the turbocharger and intercooler were directly a result of his actions.

Tony is 100% correct IMO and i would be doing all that is possible to make that clown PAY!!

Latest posts

Back