engine jerks

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JackTheRipper

Reaction score
having some problems with my 2006 d22
since buying this vehicle it has had a slight lag once you get to 3000 revs. got told it was turbo lag or something similar. wasn't too worried.

recently if i'm going up a hill in 3rd or 4th it has started jumping like it was running out of fuel or something. had a little search on here and come up with maybe it is the neutral switch.

so i tested this by putting the heath switch on and going through the gears. in 4th gear the revs stay at 1200rpm so my question is where do i go from here?

should i just get a new neutral switch or could it be a different problem...

also it only jerks and jumps when i put the foot to the floor. up hill.

thanks in advance.

What about your clutch? On the way out maybe? I'd be looking at replacing the NPS, and getting the clutch looked at.

Turning the heat switch on when driving wont always tell you if its faulty.

You can just disconnect the NPS and it will have no side effects what so ever.. Then you will be able to rule that out if nothing changes, and it hasn't cost you anything.

To disconnect the switch you have to take out your centre console and undo the rubber boot around the gear shifts, once you can see the top of the gear box you will see a blue plug, that is the NPS.

Now just unplug it and you are done. That just leaves you with putting your interior back together, and take it for a spin.

You can access the switch from under the car.

Its just easier to swap it by undoing it from the top.

thanks for the replies guys i appreciate it. i'll dissconnect it and see how i go. hopefully thats all it is.

i'll let you know how i go

Sweet, glad to hear that was all it was. As i have said before, how good would it be if all our problems could be solved by disconnecting a plug.

got the right mate. haha. also a lot cheaper than getting a mechanic to diagnose the problem.

Another way to test it although you have already solved the problem is if you get your multimeter and test the continuity of the N.P.S whilst in neutral you will get continuity if you then place in any gear you will loose it. So whilst you have it in fourth or fifth gear and you give the shifter a little shake around you will find that you gain and loose continuity if the sensor is faulty. As this is usually when the sensor fails in fourth and fifth gear under load the shifter will actually pull away from the switch and because the spring tension in the switch is not as strong as when it was new it wont be making contact with the shifter so in turn the senor will send open and close circuit readings causing the lack of power or that jerking feeling.

Czeslaw

Latest posts

Back