Engine light flashing when starting to drive. Off otherwise?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timcyn7

Reaction score
Got a bit of a problem:

The engine light started flashing today. I thought it may have been the fuel filter so i put a new one on and primed it all up. Idled good for 20 mins. Took off and 2 mins up the road it started flashing again. I then started doing some tests:
Turn it off and it will idle until i start moving. Put it in gear and rolls 5m and starts flashing again. Same in reverse. So after half an hour of doing that i think i have concluded that it only starts when the vehicle starts moving.

Any ideas?

I done the egr yesterday and cleaned the manifold but everything went 100% sweet. No problems at all. Also done around 150km since then.

Today i installed a catch can. I had the fuel primer off but primed all up ok and done another 50km. I then got 50L of diesel and 20km after that it started happening. I dont think its the fuel. The light would flash while idling to?

I managaed to pull the codes. Got a 1003, which points to the egr volume control.

yes have the zd30 2002 model. I didnt unplug anything, just re arrange the vac lines.

double check the code.
the egr code is for the egr valve wiring. could be the valve has blown a winding or it has a bad connection. the zd30 doesn't read egr flow, only the valve electrics.

i get 10 slow flashes.....pause..... and 3 fast flashes. then repeats.
Would having to of a small vac hose cause any dramas? Most of my vac hoses broke and i could only get smaller stuff that i heated and forced on. Maybe?

just a thought, check the solenoid valves are plugged in (egr and swirl butterfly). just in case ones unplug and its reading it. afaik know it doesn't check them but the book isn't always correct.

how did you clean the intake manifold?

also as the fault came after adding fuel, check for water in the fuel filter.

Think i found it. The plug that goes to the egr thing next to injector pump, had a broken wire. Fixed and no more light! well not in the last hour :)
First thing i done was put a new filter on and checked for water/air.
When i cleaned the manifold i removed it and cleaned it. So a little bit of me was thinking i stuffed something lol
But as of now its all good. Hope it stays that way. Cheers for ya help tweak'e. Much appreciated.

Latest posts

Back