Engine light on and no power 3L

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big J

Reaction score
G'day guys in my 05 nav 3L I was driving home tonight and there was one strong surge and then the engine light went on and then I lost all power like on a flat road I was changing between 1 and 2. And I have checked all the oil and every thing is good and I also can't hear the turbo but the turbo was rebuilt less than 1000km ago. If any one has anything that can help me out that would be really appreciated cheers Jeremy

Checked the filter to see if there is water in it ?

Might need to get the codes pulled.

How many km's out of interest ?

At this stage with this amount of info anything would be a guess. It could have been a fuel pump failure (overpressure then fail). It might have been a fuel rail pressure sensor failure. Can you get the error code? Roughly where are you from, if you're near Newcastle I can get the code from your car.

I am in Adelaide and Dave it has done 304000km so u guy are basically saying it could be a range of things? Cheers Jeremy

And I'm not very machanically minded so can u guys give me some info on how to fix these things cheers Jeremy

The ZD30 computers pretty basic.

There are only a few sensor's that display the engine fault light.

Get it on the diagnostics and see or pull the fault codes yourself and see what comes up.

Could be the injection pump.

I would defiantly drain the fuel filter first, or just replace it. Then go from there.
The filters have a sensor on them, if they detect water it will go into limp mode and you will get the engine light coming on. You should be able to get basic info on fault lights or error codes from your manual.

Latest posts

Back