Engine Light

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bung-Eye

Reaction score
Howdy,

Have had my D22 3L for a few years now, it's never missed a beat.

Took her up to landcruiser mountain park a couple of weeks ago, and had a great time. Driving home, the engine light came on. Car seemed to be running fine, but it stayed on. I turned off the ignition, waited a few seconds, starter her back up again and the light was gone.

Drove an hour and a half home, never saw the light again. Drove to work for the next two weeks without incident, then yesterday on the way home, same thing happened. Light came on, Nav seemed to be running fine, I shut it off and turned it on again and no light.

It's got me worried, any ideas?

From memory the engine light can come on solid when there is water in the fuel filter, perhaps try draining it by unscrewing the plug at the bottom of the filter, could be something simple to try first, the manual in the glovebox describes the process.

Last edited:
I had the same problem a few years age. I took me 16 hours to get home from a shooting trip that was only 7 hours. I took it to Nissan to see why the light came on every now and then and they said it may be something to do with the air system or could be the fuel pump or or or. They had no idea any way it turn out to be the diesel filter was loose and was sucking air in. Mind u Nissan did a FULL service on the nav befor it happened:pissedoff:

sorry to dig up old thread, just thought I would give you an update.

turns out there was a fair bit of gunk around the fuel filter, replaced it with a genuine nissan one and she's been purring ever since.

thanks for the advice fellas

Latest posts

Back