engine not starting

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike

Reaction score
hey all. i need to pick some brains. ive been installing a water intercooler on a 2003 d22 st-r and in the process ive bled the power steering fluid while relocating some piping. i thought that was a non issue cause i just topped up the containor with more when the job was done. but when i started the engine it ran and idled but then stalled. i notice the fuel filter and exhaust gas sensor were still disconnected. ive reconnected them and it still wont turn over. is there a sensor in the power stearing line that is stopping the engine from running or has it possibly gone into limp mode. any ideas would be greatly appreciated cheers.

theres no factory exhaust gas sensor.

if you ran it with fuel filter disconnected it would have run the pump dry.
need to pump the primer till it goes hard. then you will need to undo one of the injection pipes, front one i think is easy to get to. crank engine till fuel comes out then do up injection pipe. then give it full throttle and try to start it. should run like crap for a few seconds then run fine.

aw sorry it has boost sensor written on it? if that makes any difference. and i primed it but i didnt remove any hoses. so ill try that tomorrow thanks

Your car will still start and idle without the boost sensor (wont drive too well)
I agree with tweak and you have air in the injection pump. i havnt cracked a injector pump when priming the system, just pump the filer pump till hard crank for 2 sec and repump till hard again and repeat. after doing this about 3 times step on the gas peddle and crank till it starts.

not sure if you relocated your fuel filter or not but if you undid any fuel lines they are most likely empty back to the tank and will require lots of priming (or remove the outgoing line off the pump and thow an air line in it till fuell comes out (you still need to prime the pump after doing this)

nah its not the fuel line cause i only touched the power steering lines at the front. so unless having air in that system is the reason? the only other thing i can think of was maybe when i was messing around with the fuse box on the drivers side ive dislodged a wire?

so what on the fuel filter was disconnected?

theres nothing power steering related that is engine control related. unless you hit a sensor while you where working on it.

nothing on the fuel system was disconnected? mate its got me stumped cause the new intercooler hasn't imposed on any thing else. so i must of dislodged something ...

Some cars have a wire on the Power Steering Pump to "Idle Up" the engine revs when turning the steering wheel....

I have no idea what the issue is but "IF" all u did was drained the fluid from the P/S pump, then there maybe something related.....u might have to check the wiring diagram.

is there links on here for that. i think i tried to download a pdf from a thread ages ago but the page was disabled or something? but the car stationary and wheels facing foward... ive ordered a diagnostics tool from ebay as a last resort, fingers crossed

is there links on here for that. i think i tried to download a pdf from a thread ages ago but the page was disabled or something? but the car stationary and wheels facing foward... ive ordered a diagnostics tool from ebay as a last resort, fingers crossed

That link is back working again I believe.....

hey all. i need to pick some brains. ive been installing a water intercooler on a 2003 d22 st-r and in the process ive bled the power steering fluid while relocating some piping. i thought that was a non issue cause i just topped up the containor with more when the job was done. but when i started the engine it ran and idled but then stalled. i notice the fuel filter and exhaust gas sensor were still disconnected. ive reconnected them and it still wont turn over. is there a sensor in the power stearing line that is stopping the engine from running or has it possibly gone into limp mode. any ideas would be greatly appreciated cheers.

You clearly stated that the fuel filter was disconnected, if that was the case did you follow tweake's advice to sort that and if yes did it help ? It will still start and run in limp mode. Is it not cranking over at all or cranking over but not starting ? Hope you make some progress with it soon.

Latest posts

Back