Engineering Costs lift and tyres

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozracer

Reaction score
Hi all,

Looking for some advice have spoken to an engineer in SA about engineering my D40 for a lift and bigger wheels. Iwas quoted about 2 grand for full compliance without a gaurantee it will pass their tests. Im looking at about a 4 or 5 inch lift which according to them is quite extreme. Heres what i was quoted
420 to change from 17 to 20 inch wheels

For the lift i was told the following
Lane change test 500
Braking test 500
Track hire 440

As you can see by the time i buy my parts and add this on top it gets quite expensive. I have been told though that i can use front lift spacers and rear lift blocks but would prefer to use go with shocks and springs with the lift built into them.

Any suggestions on the most practical and cost effective way to do it.

Adam

Seems a bit rich
I went with 50mm lift , 265/75/R17to 265/70/R17,After Market Upper Control Arms and Adjustable Coil over Struts in front and Lift Blocks in the rear and all up mine was only $800 approx
Thats in the ACT but our rego Nazis are known to be pedantic at best .Maybe going a full 125mm lift might cost more but I cant really see it as the same tests have to be done .

The brake test could be because of the height I already got 1 inch at the tyres was only going 2 inch would have brought it down 500 bucks. You wouldn't need to get tyres approved either Paul as you stayed with 17s I've gone 17 to 20s.

You would think that if one could pass the testing say with 4"lift and 33"tyres (very easy to acheave)than it could then be noted somwhere on the system that a d40 this this combo still meets specs and then could be easy as a phone call the the rego office...stating your new ride height and tyre diameter...job done.
What is the point of each idividual paying up to 2k plus parts to do what i call a modest lift..they are all crooks!
Same goes for all modifications.im all for vehicle inspections...i think thats a must as not everyone with a set of spanners should be working on cars...but these people need to start talking to each other...your 4" lifted d40 lane change test will be the same as my d40 with the same lift.no need to pay somone else to to give it the thumbs up.

I had mine done in tassy for under $900, was engineered for 3" suslension, 1.25" body lift, wheels and bigger tyres. For that cost I got the report to transport approving it, roadworthy inspection, lane change and breaking test, and it covered track hire and driver for the tests etc.

Latest posts

Back