Exhaust DPF

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dzlndust

Reaction score
Hey guys just wondering if anyone knows much about the DPF (Diesel Particle Filter) the have in the navara exhaust system? Is it something that needs to be there and if I change the exhaust is three pros/cons to leaving it in?
Cheers.

Pro keeps your car legal.
Con filters get dirty need get exhaust hot to burn them off, like super hot.

A high flow dpf is a good idea

As above, it's illegal to remove it - with that said, I've never heard of anyone in any brand of car complaining that a copper pulled them over and busted them for a missing DPF. It's even something an insurance assessor would miss, and I'm betting a blue slip inspection would miss it as well.

The ECU expects that there is a DPF there. It's programmed like that - and that's not easy to change. There's a member here (auggie) that has a fix for the sensors and if you remove your DPF, you would be doing yourself a disservice if you neglected to get in touch with him.

Is the DPF vital? Nope. It's an emission control device, nothing more. Removing it will NOT impair the vehicle's performance unless the ECU thinks it needs to do a regen (which it will if the sensors go whacky and that's why you need to write to auggie).

Would I remove mine? Not at the moment. 130,000km on the clock with one and not a single problem. I do tend to drive in a fashion that would allow it to burn whenever it needed to - even when 4WDing, I'll find a period and just hold the car in low gear and keep the engine revs between 1500-2000 so that the car can successfully complete a burn if needed.

Hi DzIndust

Yes you certainly can remove it. Many do. As the boys have said legally it's suppose be be in there but I've never heard anyone getting into any trouble for not running one. As not all D40's use one it takes someone who really knows what there looking for to know if the vehicle did have one. Your average Police or Mechanic wont be able to tell the difference.

Some vehicles do get better fuel economy buy removing it and some not so much. Really depends what you do with the car and your driving style.

Being and expensive thing i personally think running the DPF delete and keeping the DPF in the shed is the best way to go. You never know when you may need it.

Old.Tony is correct i offer recalibrate sensors for people running aftermarket exhausts or for use the cars with DPF and CAT delete.

If all you want to do is remove the DPF you wont need the sensors providing your CAT is still operating correctly. How ever there is abit of a trick to deleting the DPF successfully. If you PM me i can help you with that.

PS thanks Old.Tony for the Plug!

Back