Exhaust on D22 3.2 Nav

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D22FELLA

Reaction score
Hey all,

The father in-law has a 1998 3.2 diesel Nav.

Obviously it is no world beater in the power stakes but she's an honest bit of kit.

I recently changed all oils and filters and it made a good increase in the power department, as the air and fuel filters were dirtier than a bloke on a boys footy trip to Thailand!!

Next point of call will be snorkel and exhaust to attempt to extract a few extra ponies out of her.

Anyone know of anywhere in Sydney or the net selling performance exhausts and headders for these units? If so what sort of price (Even second hand).

Also any other tricks someone may know? Ive heard there is a small strain like diesel filter near the head of the engine???

Thanks again people, love having this forum and its members around :)

Ben.

not 100% sure but lot of the early ones had a strainer under the inlet hose banjo bolt on the fuel pump. need a hook to fish it out.

extractors are not worth the $$$. minor improvement for a lot of $$$.

better off to go find a td27t turbo and manifold etc. then big bore exhaust.

if filters where that bad it would be best to get a compression check done to see if its worth spending $$ on.
also reco injectors would be very worth while.

Don't worry about a snorkel if you're looking for performance improvements. The losses due to extra length and turns will more than make up for any possible pressure gains.

Cheers fellas.

I can get a set of new extractors for $170, they have come down massively in the last 6 months!

Need a snorkel, not a fan of river crossings without one :)

I only just sold my set of Lukey extractors for the QD32 for $150 posted! They were on sale for a year!

Alright in the power department for a QD32 there is nothing better than a turbo and a 3inch straight through exhaust with a landcruiser 80 series air box.

If you want to keep it NA (naturally aspirated) I would grab a set of extractors and put a 2.25 mandrel bent exhaust on it as well as a larger air box. I can't give you a comparison to before extractors as I bought mine with them on but I can tell you that once I got the original exhaust they were welded to removed and a 2inch fitted there was a small but noticeable difference. Made me wish I did a 2.25 mandrel bent instead of the 2inch press bent.

Bugger mate with the Lukey extractors.

Yeah probably just go with extractors, exhaust and 80 series air box. Obviously a turbo is the go but there is 3 other turbo diesels in the family in the need we need the extra grunt to tow etc.

Just looking to liven her up a bit, should see 10% with those basic mods.

Latest posts

Back