Exhaust systems

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kadekoda

Reaction score
I Have the 09 2.5lt cr navara. Std all way round other than Tyres and snorkel .
I was looking at getting a 3" exhaust put on but Iam not sure where to run it from the turbo or the cat. If I run it from the turbo does it give you any more power then running it from the cat.
Any help would be great.

I would be getting a highflow dump pipe with highflow cat and 3" all the way through. Muffler if you don't want it to sound like a truck.

If you have the standard Dump and a larger exhaust system it is only going to be limited to the amount that the Dump pipe can put out.

If you want to save a bit of money, go to your local exhaust shop and have them make one up for you. I have a 2.5" turbo back, $800. 2.5" is a great size for the d22 as they are not high powered engines.

PS. It is illigal to remove the cat... dont read my signature.

3" is a good size and a lot of people will easily do them. As dan staed a 2.5" is plenty if you wanna save some more $$. I have 2.5" system and a chip and have ggood gains. Check my build thread to see my system " RustyNav Slow Build".

Rusty

If you want to save a bit of money, go to your local exhaust shop and have them make one up for you. I have a 2.5" turbo back, $800. 2.5" is a great size for the d22 as they are not high powered engines.

PS. It is illigal to remove the cat... dont read my signature.

There are few posts somewhere on this forum that demonstrate with dyno readings that there is no gain to be had with a 3" system over a 2.5" system..just costs
One of the aftermarket piggy back suppliers I also believe has done this testing

There are few posts somewhere on this forum that demonstrate with dyno readings that there is no gain to be had with a 3" system over a 2.5" system..just costs
One of the aftermarket piggy back suppliers I also believe has done this testing

I guess the extra half inch mate would be chosen as a matter of opinion on what they want their vehicle to sound like. The 3 inch most likely a tad deeper. :)

I got quoted this from Beaudesert

We only have 2 ¾” as 3” will over exhaust unless restricted back in the muffler or a non hi flow cat is used.

Ok I'm confused. Don't a lot of you here have high flow cats with 3" exhausts?

Over Exhaust? I don't see how a larger exhaust could be anything but beneficial to a turbo'd engine. The whole back pressure thing is for N/A engines as they have a pulse which pushes and helps to pull the next pulse. To big and you loose that pulse.

A turbo'd engine works similar. Except the pulse has just been put through a blender and has no effect anymore.

Hope that helps. BTW I am running a 3" straight through from the dump.

I had mine custom made by Southport Mufflers. Bloody good job as well. Keep in mind I have a QD32 so I don't need a cat. Was $900ish all up.

Latest posts

Back