extended shackels

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

berko182

Reaction score
:rock::rock:anyone help wanna make extended shackels for my d22 navara
how long would i have to make the shackels to get a 2'lift im using high tensil steel what would be a good thickness 6mm or thicker any help

Extended shackles are illegal in many states now.
I actually have a set for the D40 and I think they are 6mm mild steel actually
No I have installed them lol I went with blocks instead till I can afford some new leaves

personally i would go extended shackles over blocks anyday...
The snake racing website tells you how much longer there shackles are to give a 2" lift, thats where i got the length of mine from. I used 8 or 10mm (was a while ago).

I don't think you would use a high tensile steel, just normal flat bar. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

:rock::rock:anyone help wanna make extended shackels for my d22 navara
how long would i have to make the shackels to get a 2'lift im using high tensil steel what would be a good thickness 6mm or thicker any help

i don't recommend blocks or shackles.
the problem with D22's is the rear leafs sag fairly quickly, especially if you load it up often. fixing/replacing the sagging springs will give you a 2" lift. then add extended shackles if you want more.
also the good thing is you can get the springs matched to the extended shackles. one of the problems of extended shackles is the angles it sits at gets worse. they really need to be matched to the spring.

Gday im with josh check to snake web site out iv got then on my nav and they ar buit very well but they ar only a quick fix for f@#ked leafs

I have OME 'medium' leaf springs and they appear to have flattened out since they were fitted 12 months ago.

I am happy with the way the springs work and I don't carry heavy loads.

The heavy springs give more height but I want to avoid the harder ride.

Are shackles okay to use to get a bit more height in the rear?

I have OME 'medium' leaf springs and they appear to have flattened out since they were fitted 12 months ago.

I am happy with the way the springs work and I don't carry heavy loads.

The heavy springs give more height but I want to avoid the harder ride.

Are shackles okay to use to get a bit more height in the rear?

They're not legal in Vic Ridgie, You may end up in the court rather than managing it.:sarcastic:

Ha Ha Ha ................yeah!

Any suggestions? The rear end is sagging and is noticeable under power at take off.

Perhaps the springs are too soft and I need the HD ones.

If you carry constant heavy loads, get heavier springs.

If you carry heavy loads on occasions, get helper springs.

If you just want some ground clearance, put in a proper lift kit. Extended shackles are illegal in every Australian state.

Extended shackles put increased stress on the suspension mount (longer lever) so there's a danger you'll rip the suspension off the rear of the car in extreme situations.

That being said - if you do put them on, and drive sensibly and not draw attention to yourself or over-exert your vehicle, nobody's going to ping you for them and nothing overly bad SHOULD happen (there's always a maybe).

Sounds like you need new shocks.

OME Nitrocharger - They were put on with the springs. I don't particularly notice it - it is a visual things others have picked up on.

I'm paying a visit to Morwelll Springs this week for some on the spot advice.

If you carry constant heavy loads, get heavier springs.

If you carry heavy loads on occasions, get helper springs.

If you just want some ground clearance, put in a proper lift kit. Extended shackles are illegal in every Australian state.

Extended shackles put increased stress on the suspension mount (longer lever) so there's a danger you'll rip the suspension off the rear of the car in extreme situations.

That being said - if you do put them on, and drive sensibly and not draw attention to yourself or over-exert your vehicle, nobody's going to ping you for them and nothing overly bad SHOULD happen (there's always a maybe).

Lifting blocks also increase leverage and axle wrap.

Latest posts

Back