External canopy roof rack

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oz14zz

Reaction score
Hello, I am questioning as to wether it is legal to have roof rack supports on the external side of your canopy?

The reason i ask is because i think it would be the easiest way to get a strong setup for roof racks and to build a roof top tent setup later on. to put a ladder on the outside and such.

I know scottybobcat has some sort of setup but i cannot find a thread of it, or information regarding legallaty and practicality.

ARB canopies have internal fitment kits so canopy roof racks can be fitted. We have this set up & it's very good....but not cheap.....2800 for the canopy, 1100-ish roof rack, couple hundred for the internal support kit

ARB canopies have internal fitment kits so canopy roof racks can be fitted. We have this set up & it's very good....but not cheap.....2800 for the canopy, 1100-ish roof rack, couple hundred for the internal support kit

What!!!!!

If that is the case today . . . bugger they have gone up.

I paid $2400 including the internal weight support frame work and got a pair of Rhino Heavy Duty Bars of eBay for $20, and that was just over 12 months ago.

The ARB setup does take just over 100kg per bar from memory, and have seen the setup handling roof top tents

Latest posts

Back