Factory bullbar

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muddystr

Reaction score
Hey guys
Currently in the process of buying a second hand winch bar. Seller says its a genuine item but unsure if it is airbag compatible. It's been colour coded and sticker removed. Wondering if anyone knows is or was there ever a non airbag bar available from Nissan. Bar Is fitted to an 02 going on to an 06

Cheers james

The Nissan D22 airbag bar mounting brackets have a vertical crease folded into them. I assume it is to absorb some of a frontal impact rather than prematurely deploy the airbag. I haven't seen their non airbag bar but when I use to work for one of the big bar companies the only difference between airbag approved and non approved was the sticker and price as cheaper to make one product for both applications.

Ok cheers maybe I'll have to go have a look. Does anyone with a genuine bar know of any other markings or part numbers in a different location other than the sticker?

Using an old thread for my query.

I am looking at a genuine Nissan winch bar for my 09 d22 and was wondering if someone with 09+ model could post up pictures of it mounted and it's mounting points etc. Also if it had a bodylift that would be great swell to show how the bar was lifted etc. Does the winch attach to the bar or does it sit on a cradle like most other bars now?

Even if it isn't a genuine bar, but is from another brand but on the same model show your pictures of all the same stuff.

I have been looking at a heap of them and they all seem to have a cradle which attaches to the chassis then the bar is mounted to that with most of them looking like it can't be lifted to suit body lift. Also the winch cradle is mounted direct to chassis and if bar is lifted to suit bodylift this would make the winch useless as it will not sit right on the fairlead etc.

Sorry for the annoying questions, any help would be great

I got a 09 aswell, factory bullbar and winch, winch bolts directly to bullbar (no cradle) so no worries with the lifting side of it, I think the way to lift it is not the mounts to the chassis but the bullbar is 3 parts, has to plates which bolt to chassis and come up vertically and bullbar bolts to those, I think they drill new holes in these plates to suit the bodylift

Last edited:
YAY I can upload pics from my phone!!!!!! lol, not sure if this will help at all but its when I had my bar off putting the winch on, let me know if you need better pics n ill take some

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 76
Okay so it can be lifted to suit a bodylift? I have seen bars with some air bag thing for softer impact and to save chassis damage.

Yeah lifting it would be easy, just drill 4 holes how ever high you lift the body from the old holes, the airbag part is on those mounting plates

Latest posts

Back