Factory Engine Sump Guard

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RWW

Reaction score
Serviced the D22 yesterday, and when I was removing the factory sump I noticed most bolts were missing or sheared off, the the 2 remaining were just spinning in the holes, and had to be cut off to complete the service.

How do you replace these bolts, they appear to be contained inside the box frame work?

Normally a captive nut, vibrations and time probably have made it depart.The few I have pulled down are not the same so take the answer as a thought. Can you get a spanner in and use smaller bolts and secure it with a lock nut?

Normally a captive nut, vibrations and time probably have made it depart.The few I have pulled down are not the same so take the answer as a thought. Can you get a spanner in and use smaller bolts and secure it with a lock nut?

Thats the bit I dont understand, it looked like a box section, I couldn't find the way in to find that captive nut etc..

I guess the only option you have if you can't get inside the box section is to drill them out and tap them to fit the bext size up bolt, then get some new larger bolts to suit. Probably wouldn't hurt to put some anti seize paste in the threads and maybe a spring washer as well as a flat washer on the bolt so they don't come undone on their own. I'm pretty sure they are an m6, but the captive nuts should have enough meat on them to drill out and tap an m8 thread in there.

Back