Falcon rear rotor removal

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fazman

Reaction score
Gents,

I am trying to change the rear disks over on my AU2 falcon for its roadworthy. (sold due to buying a D22:redcool:)

I have the rear up on stands, front wheels chocked, the wheel off, caliper removed and handbrake off. The rotor is stuck on the handbrake assembly I think, it has a bit of movement but will not come off.

Im trying to finish this tonight but ive hit a hurdle early. Any tips would be much appreciated

ive tried searching on other forums and the net but not having any luck,

Cheers

I'll start at the beginning.
Did you take out the phillips head screws?
A lot of the time rust holds the disc on. If replacing the discs get a hammer and belt the disc off from the back where the inner pad sits. If using the disc again use a block of wood between disc & hammer.
If that doesn't work, take out the grommet from each disc, get a torch & long thin screw driver. While looking through the grommet holes with the torch turn the disc until you see the adjuster, back the adjuster off as sometimes the handbrake shoes wear a lip in the drum and the lip catches on the shoes. Adjuster turns anticlockwies.

so I had all those steps except fpr the adjuster

ill back it off, belt the disks off and put the replacements on!

cheers

ps questions likely to come tomorrow

Latest posts

Back