Fan speed only works on high setting (4)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4low

Reaction score
Noticed yesterday my fan inside the cab only blows air on the highest setting (4). 1, 2 and 3 are not blowing at all.

Anyone had this happen to them?

An issue similar to that was reported in D40's a while ago and it was blamed on the resistor behind the panel. Nissan were replacing them under warranty at one stage and reckoned they were worth $140. There is other options for the D40 (d22 resistor may be similar) on ebay from $60 to $395 as far as I can tell they are the same items just some dick has got his prices all wrong.

I think the reported issues in D40's also had other symptoms but I can't remember what they are or which threads they were in but you could possibly find the answers in an advanced search for 'fan resistor'.

Thanks. Yeah I searched that but couldnt find anything on D22's. Expensive little thing by the sounds of it

It shouldn't be expensive, it's not a 30 cent resistor like Jaycar sell but it's definitely not worth the $140 it was reported that Nissan wanted.

I don't think it's ever been reported in a D22 and I'm not sure how much of the electronics behind the panel is common to both models but the symptoms are definitely the same.

i seen this in my mates d22, its an actual card that has to be replaced. the lower settings have the most resistance, and get hot because of this and sometimes open circuit like yours. the last setting is straight threw, hence why it still works. not sure how much he paid for his new card.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/nissan-d40m-navara-r51m-pathfinder-fan-Resistor-Part-271505Z000-/290723655693?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43b07af00d

That's what the D40 one looks like, it's not quite your standard resistor and is definitely not Nissan generic but finding them isn't as easy as going to Jaycar.

I have no idea if the D40 and the D22 use the same one and there is another D40 one on ebay currently for a slightly more respectable price of $70.00 but it's images wouldn't work for me. They do seem to be making claims about Spain and Thai so maybe they wont work for D22's, although I was under the impression the control panel in both Spain and Thai models was the same anyway so who knows.

i have a issue with mine where the (1) setting doesnt work but 2, 3, and 4. all work. could this be a similar issue?

It shouldn't be expensive, it's not a 30 cent resistor like Jaycar sell but it's definitely not worth the $140 it was reported that Nissan wanted.

I don't think it's ever been reported in a D22 and I'm not sure how much of the electronics behind the panel is common to both models but the symptoms are definitely the same.

Krafty I think your memory is slipping a bit... http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=7016&highlight=resistor

That should help a bit hopefully

My memory slipped long ago, although in reading that I do actually know more about the resistor than I did then, and it's still not a genuine part as opposed to a modified genuine part but as I have never needed one I've never really followed it up.

Lol, I was more getting at that you said you hadn't heard of anyone reporting problems with the d22 ones... that was the memory thing, lol

Yeah I realise that and I should have used punctuation better in my reply but that's just another thing that slips occasionally.

Just don't slip like rli and get your wife pregnant or you'll be in trouble, lol

Sanity has to slip to be on this forum doesn't it..?

I'm married I have no idea how a woman even gets pregnant any more, don't they just roll in the wet spot?

Sanity and taste appear to have slipped yet again.

I'm sure some of them do, lol. By the way, you don't happen to know of any hc driving jobs in Perth at the moment do you?

Nah I'm not up with jobs in Perth. I can ask the sis in law if she knows about any in the mines if your interested in going up there.

Yeah, sounds good. I can't get my mc license for another 6 months, but the job I'm doing at the moment I can't really get enough hours, so that would be good if you could please.

Latest posts

Back