fault code 1039

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not in my manual. Searching for it on Google reveals that it indicates there's missing data from the speed sensor.

There are 5 speed sensors in the car: a revolution sensor on the output of the gearbox (not normally used) and the 4 ABS sensors. Is the ABS light on? Can you engage 4LO?

On a bit of a side note Tony you say not normally used. Just wondering what's he deal with that sensor . I was on the understanding that that was main reference point for speed and cruise control. I had a little issue with that sensor before.

Good point. In my car, the revolution sensor is used by the TCM in the gearbox and the ASCD (cruise) but the ECU gets its speed data for the Driver Information system from the 4 ABS sensors.

I wonder if in the newer models, maybe they added a check of this revolution sensor to the ECU because they were having troubles with ABS lines being ripped out, or ABS gear failures when bearings started to collapse? Maybe they cross-linked the checks with the ASCD? The speed data is reported via the CAN, so it won't be a loose wire or anything (because the CAN is obviously still getting other data from the gearbox). If it's the rev sensor, it'll be the sensor itself. Very unusual failure if it is.

So that adds a question: does the error only happen when you've activated cruise control, or at any time?

Latest posts

Back