Finding a Boost/Map Sensor

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arnie

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Im chasing a new or used Map Sensor (PS69-02) for my nav. I snapped the plastic air line off the bottom while relocating it to fit my intercooler. BUGGER!

Nissan hear in Adelaide say that there are none in Australia and its not a stocked item!!!!!!!WTF! They can order one in for around $160+.

Ive gone the Super Glue option for now but not going to rely on that holding for long as i have some long outback trips planned at the end of the month.

Ive tried some wreckers with no luck so far.

Any ideas or help would be great.

Cheers.

Superglue - also known as cyanoacrylate - is very brittle when dry. We use it in model aircraft for small joins that don't require much flexing. I've used it for temporary repairs on my R/C race car but even slower impacts of 40km/h destroy the joins.

If you want it to withstand vibration and movement, you could use an epoxy-based solution. For high-strength applications, I've found considerable success with using West Systems resin (it's actually fibreglass resin) with shredded carbon fibre strands. You need to make a mould, because the resin is highly liquid (unlike, say, Araldite that flows slowly, this resin flows quite fast).

You can create a squarish mould out of tongue depressers/paddle pop sticks (sealing the outside with putty), place the tube inside after you've plugged the ends with plasticene or modelling clay and fill it with the resin/carbon fibre mixture. West Systems No 5 takes about a day to set properly but it's so strong that I've repaired laptop lid hinge supports with it.

Once it's set, remove it and use a dremel drum sander (be sure to wear a mask) to remove the excess resin. Don't forget to remove the plugs from inside and give the inside a good clean.

It should survive any punishment you throw at it!

Thanks for the reply guys. I tried Nizzbits but they havent gut back to me yet. I think Ill probally go the epoxy solution. I will have to put a little mould around the already glued joint as its broken at the base. It will more than likely end up stronger than a second hand or new on anyway.:sarcastic:

Update.
Got a reply from Nizzbits. None in Australia. Will Be $140 + postage. 14 day wait. To bad if the sensor went bad. Car would be off the road for two weeks while waiting for a sensor from Japan. WTF are nissan thinking? Is my problem very uncommon? Dont these sensors ever have faults?

I have a second hand one, I would lend it to you if you were local until the new one came in from Japan.

I snapped mine off to, but all fixed now.

Dave.

Thanks for the offer Dave. Super glue holding for now. Garry from Nizzbits has a new one on order. Says it will be a week or so. Very impressed with Nizzbits. They were answering emails on a Sunday afternoon!

i just snapped it now trying to chase one up $55 for a second hand one or $165 from garry crick so i think i will go the second hand one so pissed off rite about now

If you have the spare cash buy a second hand one till the new one comes through.

Dave.

well the guy said he had one now he said he doesnt hhhhmmmmmm now were toget one from

Back