Finding a Boost/Map Sensor

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arnie

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Im chasing a new or used Map Sensor (PS69-02) for my nav. I snapped the plastic air line off the bottom while relocating it to fit my intercooler. BUGGER!

Nissan hear in Adelaide say that there are none in Australia and its not a stocked item!!!!!!!WTF! They can order one in for around $160+.

Ive gone the Super Glue option for now but not going to rely on that holding for long as i have some long outback trips planned at the end of the month.

Ive tried some wreckers with no luck so far.

Any ideas or help would be great.

Cheers.

Superglue - also known as cyanoacrylate - is very brittle when dry. We use it in model aircraft for small joins that don't require much flexing. I've used it for temporary repairs on my R/C race car but even slower impacts of 40km/h destroy the joins.

If you want it to withstand vibration and movement, you could use an epoxy-based solution. For high-strength applications, I've found considerable success with using West Systems resin (it's actually fibreglass resin) with shredded carbon fibre strands. You need to make a mould, because the resin is highly liquid (unlike, say, Araldite that flows slowly, this resin flows quite fast).

You can create a squarish mould out of tongue depressers/paddle pop sticks (sealing the outside with putty), place the tube inside after you've plugged the ends with plasticene or modelling clay and fill it with the resin/carbon fibre mixture. West Systems No 5 takes about a day to set properly but it's so strong that I've repaired laptop lid hinge supports with it.

Once it's set, remove it and use a dremel drum sander (be sure to wear a mask) to remove the excess resin. Don't forget to remove the plugs from inside and give the inside a good clean.

It should survive any punishment you throw at it!

Thanks for the reply guys. I tried Nizzbits but they havent gut back to me yet. I think Ill probally go the epoxy solution. I will have to put a little mould around the already glued joint as its broken at the base. It will more than likely end up stronger than a second hand or new on anyway.:sarcastic:

Update.
Got a reply from Nizzbits. None in Australia. Will Be $140 + postage. 14 day wait. To bad if the sensor went bad. Car would be off the road for two weeks while waiting for a sensor from Japan. WTF are nissan thinking? Is my problem very uncommon? Dont these sensors ever have faults?

I have a second hand one, I would lend it to you if you were local until the new one came in from Japan.

I snapped mine off to, but all fixed now.

Dave.

Thanks for the offer Dave. Super glue holding for now. Garry from Nizzbits has a new one on order. Says it will be a week or so. Very impressed with Nizzbits. They were answering emails on a Sunday afternoon!

i just snapped it now trying to chase one up $55 for a second hand one or $165 from garry crick so i think i will go the second hand one so pissed off rite about now

If you have the spare cash buy a second hand one till the new one comes through.

Dave.

well the guy said he had one now he said he doesnt hhhhmmmmmm now were toget one from

Latest posts

Back