Fire proof safes

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gadgets

Reaction score
With all the fires we seem to have these days Im looking for a fireproof safe, Ive got no Idea where to start, I know bunnings etc sell them but how do you know which are good or bad?Where else can I look?
Its only going to be used to hold photos and passports so probably something around the same size as a shoe box. I cant afford to pay a huge amount but still, theres no point in buying a cheap unit that fails as the house burns to the ground.
Also I have not decided where to mount it yet, I could concrete it in under the house(house is up on poles)this though would mean it would also have to be waterproof as water flows underneath the house during storms, or I could put it somewhere in the house underneath a false floor.
Any input is appreciated

I work for an insurance company and a lot of my clients have bought fore and water proof safes from bunnings and from what they have said, there not that expensive

most fireproof safes have a certain temperature rating on them. once the temperature has hit that point most documents etc inside will burn anyway

It's the time the safe is exposed to the heat most are rated at 30mins@whatever degrees the more you pay the better the insulation and protection.

Back