Fishin'

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my little rig
boat.sized.jpg

Hope to be going out on saturday if this rain clears for an over nighter crabing and fishing.

When my wife and I got our licences, we met some old guy down the boat ramp (in my mates borrowed 13' punt) we putted out into the passage while he asked me and my wife some basic questions, did a few manovers and headed back in for him to write out the paper work easy as. Diddn't wanna tell him we were getting our licence to drive this
aac.sized.jpg

I saw one of my customers today who is a mad keen fisherman. He is selling his 6.8m monohull and buying a 9.5m cat. I hope I get a trip in it!!!!!!

LOVE IT! Just bought my new graphite 2-4kg spinning rod for soft plastics. I must admit I haven't had much luck with bagging them as this is all new to me but the bites hit hard.

Just need to run it a few more times them I am sure I will have some good fish to show off.

I love the bream and flathead as my favs but all fish that have a go are great. The hawksbury is my main haunt but lake Macquarie I like as well.

I am a catch and release man as I don't like the taste of fish but its all in the catch!

Myself and a couple of mates spent a week up at Stanage Bay at the end of September last year..........

IMG_2753.jpg

IMG_2752.jpg

IMG_2750.jpg

IMG_2749.jpg

Only got outside a couple of days, as the wind was blowing it's arse out, so spent most of the time in the creeks

Not a bad system here I think, you do the course then take the competency certificate to QLD Transport and they add it to your licence. It cost's $40 to put it on your licence but then it is a 'Virtual Licence' ie. you don't need to carry anything. In QLD there is only the one off fee as well, it's a licence for life.

I will have some feedback on the course after I do it, I'm hoping it's beneficial, not just jumping through hoops or 'parrot fashion' learning.

Hey Jason,

Good to see you're getting a licence, maybe we could do a trip together. Got a boat yet? I did my licence with Archies down at the Colmslie boat ramp. He has a few signs up down there with contact details. Was a good course and imposible to fail. Would definately recommend him.

Tight lines....

I'm a regular up to Lake Monduran, here's a couple of my recent catches......

Attachments

• P1030715resize.JPG
    P1030715resize.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0367resize.JPG
    IMG_0367resize.JPG
    22.1 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0366resize.JPG
    IMG_0366resize.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 38
  • P1020582resize.JPG
    P1020582resize.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 40
I wanna go!!!!!!!! I recon we plan a boyz trip up there, I can take me + 1 in my little tinny mmmmmm

Reel sensation that red rocket now lives up north QLD somewhere sold it to buy the tinny

Hey Jason,

Good to see you're getting a licence, maybe we could do a trip together. Got a boat yet? I did my licence with Archies down at the Colmslie boat ramp. He has a few signs up down there with contact details. Was a good course and imposible to fail. Would definately recommend him.

Tight lines....

Thanks mate, all done now, QT informed. No boat yet, I need to work on that!

Agree on the 'impossible to fail' part ha ha.

Lake Monduran looks like it's worth a visit, nice catches.

Lake Monduran looks like it's worth a visit, nice catches.

I have been thinking about heading up there for a while now, maybe we should organise a trip? I can drag my tinnie up there. Sounds like a good excuse for a boys weekend!

You are allowed 2 strokes on the dam aren't you Yakka?

Yeah, no restrictions on boats or motor types. They do a bit of water skiing in the main basin there too. I run a Tohatsu 18. Let me check my schedule with the "boss" and we'll try to work out a weekend. Maybe Easter, but it will be busy......

Hi Yakka

Nice catches mate. Called in there once on way to 1770. Looks good and has campsite with showers, shop, etc., but you can camp where you like in the park. No restrictions and also no season for barra (bag limit applies though). Also is stocked with bass.

Alan

Hi Yakka

Nice catches mate. Called in there once on way to 1770. Looks good and has campsite with showers, shop, etc., but you can camp where you like in the park. No restrictions and also no season for barra (bag limit applies though). Also is stocked with bass.

Alan

Better check those details before you decide to stay Alan, while you can camp "anywhere" you are restricted to the non powered sites area... Good shop with fresh bread and milk daily. More restrictions will apply as the facilities are improved, but the facilities are great. On long weekends etc they have free entertainment for the kids including an open air theatre each night. Definately a good family spot....... dad can piss off fishing and leave the kids to play while mum reads the latest new idea or some crap!! hahaha

Latest posts

Back