Newish Navara owner (seconhand vehicle)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SG1

Reaction score
Hi all,
Decided to register after reading through a lot of the posts and gained a lot of information from it which has helped me through the small mods I've been doing to me 03 D22 Navara dual cab Diesel.

So still newish to my Navara at this stage, have had it about 6 months and so far so good.

In the process of installing a Nissan snorkel with the y25 intake that I got from Nizzbits, only picked it up from the toll depot today...

Mostly my 4wdriving will consist of day trips and camping by myself or with the family in tow as I love my fishing so there's always an excuse to go check out that spot.

Since owning the Nav have put a cheap 80 channel UHF (oricom) in it which seems to work alright and also some 55w HID driving lights that I got a good price, installed both myself and the information I gained from this forum was very helpful. Also needed to replace the tyres as it had 245/70/16's on it, so went with the Bridgestone 697 AT 265/70/16 and proceeded to get the nav bogged big time on its first run in the bush to test the tyres, but in all fairness it was a bog hole and got caught out a bit, since then have liked the the bridgstones for most general use and seemed good on the tarmac in the wet also.

So found out I still have the original suspension in and you can tell by the ride its well past it's used by date, torsion bars are fully wound up and only have 10mm clearance on bottom bump stops and rear leafs are very hard and flat, so have ordered some efs torsion bars and rear springs shackles ect and decided to go with the tjm gold series shocks, hoping this will improve the ride comfort and steering considerably and give me the lift I need.

Would love to put a winch on at some stage in the future but still have the factory alloy bar and just seems expensive to change bullbars to fit a winch, have read that its possible to do a winch with the factory alloy bar but after countless reading on the forum nothing seems to clear and secure with good to follow directions, so might wait on that for now and will be looking to source a fiberglass canopy for the back at some stage.

So that's where I'm up to with my Navara and so far am happy with my purchase even with the extras I have had to do to bring it up to a point where it should be.

Look forward to reading and learning more from the forums and any questions feel free to ask.

Cheers.

Welcome to the forum!

You'll love the difference in new suspension. Factory springs are good for the trip from the showroom to the roadside and from there on they're questionable at best.

Thanks for those welcomes.

Started my snorkel install today but didn quite get it finished, misses was you better have a shower before dinner but all good.

I know if Iwas to do another Navara snorkel install I would do a few things different, just those little things you learn along the way.

Oh the bunnings hole saw 89mm one in the pack for about $18 works just and I mean just with water to help cool and there drills Orzito I think, ended up totally burning out but got the job done and once again just only just and now to take it back for refund as its really flogged out, smoke and flames ect and seriously got a bit worried when it lost most of its power and super hot with large sparks happening inside the drill itself but still had those two holes to do in the passenger pillar, but it done it very slowly and carefully!!!

Anyway will finish the snorkel of tomoz, was curious as to how long Sickflex takes to set as didn have it on the tube, and also should I make the snorkel piping totally waterproof/resitant with regards to rain water and it's effect to getting down the snorkel?

Finished of the snorkel install today, looks good and pretty sure it feels more responsive to drive.

Tried the stall theory to check for leaks and sure enough had one at the airbox, pulled the airbox of only to discover the seal for it was only half there and foam also, so sikaflexed a new seal in there!!

Also noticed on the Y25 piping that there is a small hole on the bottom of that, presuming to let any rain water out, so will leave it open for now and when preparing the Nav for river crossings I will 100 mile and hour tape it (gaffa tape) over the hole, should work and do the trick I think.

Anyway once I get the Nav cleaned up I will post a few pics in my garage area.

So Got my Suspension installed today by TJM, went with EFS rear springs and torsion bars and TJM XGS Gold shocks front and rear.

The amount of lift gained was way more than I thought as it was 85mm on the front and 65mm on rear making total raised height front and rear 785mm, I possibly would of preferred a 5mm rake to front as didn fill the tank up and was only quarter full so will see how it all settles in and adjust if needed. The ride was noticeable straight away and no more back jarring jolts when the rear goes over a bump. Anyway pretty happy with it so far and time will tell.

Latest posts

Back