Fitting 33" tyres Bible

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yep as 180degrees said, i cut the end of the bullbar under the flares. i cut around 1.5" of the bullbar, just making it line up with the next line in the flare. Looks prety factory that way =)

Got my 285/75/16 Mickey T ATZ's today on 16 x 8 Black steelies, 25+ offset. must say they make my Nav look pretty tough. will be testing them out this weekend with a trip to the maundering powerlines to see if they scrub.

Who knows the offset of the 4 spike alloys? And if weather or not ill get some 33's on them under my ute. Got the body lift and susspension done... done the guard chop too.

Im under the impression you need a +20 offset rim but not sure what the alloys are.

Cheers in advance

you mean the stock alloys?
they're +40

285's will fit no worries, but the rims are only 7in wide.
some guys are running them, but 8in is recommended.

so i have just fitted up a set of 33s.

federal couragia mts 285/75/16s on csa 16x8 0 offset.
the tyres actually measure about 32.8 inchs.

im running 2 inch body and 2 inch suspension lift.
the guards measure 810mm to the bottom of the 16 inch rim.

i havent trimmed the front guards at all.
there's about 10mm clearance on full lock, it may slightly touch on full lock when hitting a big bump or full flex, ill have to wait an see on that.
i dont think ill be on full lock in those situations too often, after all that normally produces the awful noise coming from the steering stops.

going from 265/75's its barely noticable on take off.

thats about all the info i can think of.

Attachments

• 124.jpg
    124.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 450
I am planning to fit 33" on mine in the future 285/75/16 on 16x8 -28 offset
currently I have 32" 265/75/16 on the same rim with 2" suspension lift and
massaged the guards already - with slight rubbing on full lock however seems
my torsion bars sagged already so I am replacing them soon- I also plan to install
2" body lift for more clearance hopefully helps when the 33" comes in

it will look good, but you'll be bashing those guards in a bit more or cutting them.

mine is at the max, any bigger tyre or offset and i would need to mod the guards, im already running a bodylift.

Is it possible for someone to do a "how to" on tubbing out the inner guards?? in a way thats at least professional looking and keeps the plastic.
Just a thought.

You wont be able to run a 285 on a -28 offset rim without getting bigger flares.
Otherwise it will hang out past the flares at least 40mm.
I tried it on mine, and found 0 offset is best.
If you going to lift the body 2", you will have PLENTY of clearance with 33" tyres.

just a thought, has anyone fitted 305's to a D22? was thinking it would look sick having such a wide tyre under there :D

just an update, after a decent offroad trip the last few days i have found that both front and rear tyres do infact scrub on flex.

i will be trimming a small piece of the rear flares at the front of the wheel arch.
and the tipical spot on the front guards.

i have an 06 zd30 d22 navara with a 2" tough dog suspension lift and a 2" zordo body lift.

i put 33's on the other day. summit mud dogs 285/75/16x8 +20 offset. tyres stick out of the guards probably 40mm, they also rubbed on the standard plastic front bumper, i upgraded to an xrox bumper so they dont hit anymore.

had to grind the front guards with an angle grinder and smash em in with a hammer. easy job, but if your not confident most mechanics will do this if you fairly cheap.

edit_previewphp_zpsa7f45883.jpg

20130531151437_zps4f6eb5f8.jpg

Latest posts

Back