Fitting 33" tyres Bible

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You wont be able to run a 285 on a -28 offset rim without getting bigger flares.
Otherwise it will hang out past the flares at least 40mm.
I tried it on mine, and found 0 offset is best.
If you going to lift the body 2", you will have PLENTY of clearance with 33" tyres.
just to make sure that I understand this

you saying that 33" will not fit on -28 with only 2" sus liftt?
but with 2" sus and 2" body should be able to fit 33" on -28?

Its going to stick out way to much mate, change your wheels to +20 in 16x8 and it will only stick out slightly

I had an epiphany does anyone here run 33x10.5 with just a 2in susp lift? I was thinking about it last night and thought I might be onto something.

Last edited:
just to make sure that I understand this

you saying that 33" will not fit on -28 with only 2" sus liftt?
but with 2" sus and 2" body should be able to fit 33" on -28?

on -28 rims its going to be hard even with a bodylift. will stick out heaps and will need lots and lots of grinding!

im running 0 offset rims, i would not go any more negative. +20 or 0 are the best options.

yea easy, I have 265/75's on mine with stock suspension, had to trim the guards a little bit though.

Ok mad I think I will go with 32"s ill let u big boys have the 33"s lol I wanna body lift but don't want the hassle with insurances n all that other crap as I live in nsw , I think 32"s will be enough for wat I wanna do , mostly city driving , carrying bikes , a lil offloading and alot of hunting ! Wat u guys rekon ? But I dunno if I should go All terain or muddys ?

285s on 16x8 0's, 2" suspension + 2" body lift

Attachments

• P1000137.jpg
    P1000137.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 410
  • P1000139.JPG
    P1000139.JPG
    197.6 KB · Views: 453
Ok mad I think I will go with 32"s ill let u big boys have the 33"s lol I wanna body lift but don't want the hassle with insurances n all that other crap as I live in nsw , I think 32"s will be enough for wat I wanna do , mostly city driving , carrying bikes , a lil offloading and alot of hunting ! Wat u guys rekon ? But I dunno if I should go All terain or muddys ?

32's (265's will be fine mate) i had them, they were good, went heaps of places.

just a thought, has anyone fitted 305's to a D22? was thinking it would look sick having such a wide tyre under there :D

Was chating to the 80 series guys at work (there's a few). One has just got 305/70r16s on his cruiser. Wondering if these would fit on my22. What oddest and width rims would I need. Have 2" body and soon will gave 2" suspension. Would look killer with a wide tyre

don't know of anyone running them... but stick to a +20 offset and you should be right with a slight bit of trimming... or go 0 offset and trim more... but i wouldn't recommend that.
there was someone one here running mudzillas 33x13.5s on -26 offset... not sure if he even had a bodylift but he must have done a fair bit of trimming or there would be a lot of guard scrub.

285's fit on the stock P40 offset to

so if anyone finds wheels in that sort of offset range the odds are 33"s will fit with minimal trimming.

You would have a hard time fitting 33's to a stock 16x7 rim. unless they were a really skinny 33

few pages back a guy has 285 MTZ's on the stock wheels, fatboy has 285 KM2's on a 16x7 wheel to.

plenty of people have done it, but its not generally recommended.

Whats the best tyres to fit a 2010 str? What the biggest i can get with only a 2" sus lift and only have stock str rims

Would 265/75 be the way to go or could i get 285/75 to fit with no hassels?

How much strain would be on the cv's having those wound up with 33" if it fits

Latest posts

Back