Fitting a shorter canopy to a longer tub-gap filler ideas

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuperST-R

Reaction score
I've finally got myself a secondhand fibreglass canopy however it is off a 2005 D22 and mine is a 2012 D22 so I have the 90mm gap at the front. I'm sure I'm not the first person to do this , so I'm wondering what I can do to fill the extra gap? I have seen one pic on FB and it appears that the owner has fitted the sports bar without the 2 legs. This mod looks pretty good however the "flex gap" between the cab and sports bar looks very minimal.

Any ideas would be great and yes, of course my other option is to downsize the tub, maybe.

best bet would be to sell the canopy and buy the longer version.
either that or get hold of a shorter tub, they can be found pretty easily on ebay etc.

If you're handy with fibreglass ...

turn the thing upside down and strip the lining from the interior. Grab a circular saw with an ultra-thin kerf and cut the canopy from one side to the other in front of the side windows. Extend as needed, strengthen as needed, then install wiring for LED lighting + window central locking (just in case) then re-line it.

Otherwise, if you don't want to go to all that trouble ... flog it. And I mean the canopy.

What did you end up doing? Have the same issue with my 2013 D22 - bought a new flexiglass canopy destined for a 2009 Navara and just realised the tub got bigger somewhere along the product line and it won't fit my vehicle

Latest posts

Back