Fitting remote face UHF ideas + electrical question

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hodge

Reaction score
The UHF scenario has probably been done to death aroud here. But i couldnt find anything in regard to a remote face one in a D22. Just scored a gme 3520. How did you guys wired yours, to ciggie lighter or direct to battery or somewhere else ? And also any ideas of where you have or would mount something like this ? I'm thinking the main body can go under the seat, and i can possibly tap into the wiring for the compressor (not sure if this would work ) which run nearby. And the remote face + hand piece i could put just above the gear stick for easy viewing and reach. Just an idea at the moment.

Also as i'm just starting to add electrical gadgets to the car, i'm thinking about future provisions for splitting the current factory dual battery set-up. My winch is currently on the drivers side battery (which can be swung to the other battery in 5 mins), but lights, compressor and soon UHF ill place onto passenger side.
For those of you with a thai model factory dual battery, am i safe to assume that most of you would keep the drivers side battery as the main cranker / vehicle battery, and the passenger side, as a accessory battery ?

Heres what i did with mine, The main unit is above the glove box. Take the four screws out that hold your glove box in place and let it drop down. There enough room for the unit in there. No mounting needed :D. And all i did with the remote face was to drill one hole thru that useless hole on your dash and bolted it in place. A extension speaker is the go aswell.

Attachments

• IMAG0059.jpg
    IMAG0059.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 327
Thanks for the pic Menace. I like the glove box idea. And I thought of using that tradies card holder socket to mount the remote head. Just need to figure out how to mount it there. Cheers.

I had mine mounted under the passenger seat so you could hear the speaker. Then had the head unit down next too my left leg (where his got the three accessories plug in the photo)

Last edited:
Due to space limitations, I purchased a Uniden UH7760NB which has the controls on the mic. I fitted the base unit behind the fascia under the LH face vent, as it is the size of a cigarette box, and mounted the mic on a blank switch panel on the LH of the steering wheel. I will post some pics shortly.

Here are pics of my set up

Attachments

• Copy of 28122011322.jpg
    Copy of 28122011322.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 239
  • Copy of 28122011325.jpg
    Copy of 28122011325.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 206
  • Copy of 28122011334.jpg
    Copy of 28122011334.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:
Thanks for all the ideas and pics fellas. I just ran the aerial to the inside of the car and tapped into the lighter circuit for the 12v. Will be fitting it tomorrow and shall post some pics afterwards.

Thats the best way to go, all you see is the mic.
Everything that is untidy behind the dash and all the controls are on the mic.
Definitely the way I'll be going.

This was my idea initially. I was going to go for the GME 3540 from memory, which has all the internals on the handpiece. I might be a bit anal about this, but the way i see it is, the handpiece is what you handle the most and its what gets bashed around the car the most. So thats most prone to wear and tear and if that goes well, all of your unit is in that, and therefore a complete replacement. Where as the other units, just a mic/handpiece replacement is needed if it goes.
As i said maybe i'm thinking way too in-depth about it. Horses for courses.

Hodge said:
This was my idea initially. I was going to go for the GME 3540 from memory, which has all the internals on the handpiece. I might be a bit anal about this, but the way i see it is, the handpiece is what you handle the most and its what gets bashed around the car the most. So thats most prone to wear and tear and if that goes well, all of your unit is in that, and therefore a complete replacement. Where as the other units, just a mic/handpiece replacement is needed if it goes.
As i said maybe i'm thinking way too in-depth about it. Horses for courses.

I went for the 3540 and think it was the right way to go, like the Uniden pictured above mines mounted in the same place with an external speaker mounted down near my left leg. I asked about the replacement handset before I bought it and the difference was negligible, it's obviously a bit more expensive but wasn't that much more. I can't remember the prices off hand, will try to find the paper work

I just got a uniden 7760 also due to having the controls on the mic, it just makes for a much neater install. I pinched power from the ciggy lighter. I have the main box mounted to the plastic under the steering colum. There's a large flat plastic area there it sits in nicely and with the speaker facing up I should get good sound out of that too rather than just relying on the hand piece mic. I have the hand piece mounted in the exact same spot as above but using a 3m double sided tape. I'll try and get a couple of photos up.

-tyler

DSCF0295.JPG

Here's my setup, I know it's a bit late in the tread, but I hope it gives some idea's to anyone considering a remote head setup.

Remote speaker is next to the stearing wheel in that little gap one the left. Base of the unit is under the passenger seat.

Cheers

This is what i did and picked up some Guard extrusion rubber to go around the unit from Clarkrubber(not fitted yet).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back