Floating Feeling

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evo67k

Reaction score
Im a new 06 Navara D22 owner and need some advice, on rough roads the navara feels like it is floating/bouncing around abit. Even abit of vibration, in the front end. What goin on with it ?

Only bought the 06 a week ago..... but yeh they dont look to new. Same as the back ones, probably the original set hey. What make do you recommend ? There are so many to choose from......lol

depends if you are looking to do the springs at the same time. If so best to match up the springs and shocks so they perform ath their best. If your doing just shocks just work out how much you want to spend and that will give you somewhere to start when you start looking around.

Last edited:
My Nav had stock leaves and lorsion bars till about 160,000km's and only running Bilstiens.

Handled very well. But now runnning Lovell leaves and Tough dog torsion bars.

Dave.

I took my shocks out at 40,000 they were already rooted

Put in bilstiens + EFS leafs and greaseable shackles/pins (stock torsion bar)

Much better

Also lowering you tyre pressures can help if really ruff going

It would also be worth checking all the usual high wear parts like, tie rods, ball joints, pitman arm, drag link(if D22 has one?)rubber bushes etc.

No one has stated the obvious. It's a Navara and they fly along, hence the floating feeling.

Sorry, that added no value at all.

Just get a 2" lift done, will fix all the above stuff.

+1 what the above says.

+1 Also. My 03 Nav did 167'000km on stock springs and shocks and I didn't realize how bad it was until I got them out of there on Friday. I could literally compress them with one finger and they wouldn't pop back out. Before I had them out I would get the same "floating" feeling as you explained. When I hit a series of bumps I swear I moved a few inches horizontally on the road.
I admit I left it far to long. New shock on the old girl make me like the Nav all over again lol.

Last edited:
Back