flooded navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffb7449

Reaction score
Hi guys I got my nav stuck in a creek and water came in up to arm rest on drivers side. I have dried out every thing as much as possible but it will not start. The engine is okay (no water) but the ecu had some moisture in it. Nissan ran diagnostics but could not talk to computer. They say new computer maybe injector pump?. has anyone had problem with wet pump?

Have you smashed everything with crc or a water diapersant. Had a f250 stock at nolans on my cape trip and had to pull the ecu out and used a good half a can on it alone.

Rusty

Pretty sure the main wiring harness plug is behind the drivers side kick panel, clean that properly. The ECU pulls apart easily, have a good look at that to. Fuses and fuse panel as well.

Attachments

• IMG_1593.jpg
    IMG_1593.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 128
I have blown out the ecu , connectors and fuse boxes with compressed air. The accelerator pedal was making a noise so I blew it out as well. The weather was really warm and sunny so things dried fairly quick. Had issue with mongoose immobilizer as well which I removed. Picked up another ecu which I have to try on weekend as car is 2 1/2 hrs away. Will take crc etc and try that as well.

Hey Rusty, that was my mates f250 I was in the back nav that crossed behind him. We pulled the ecu and blew it out with the compressor. the ecu board had a coating on it and we were worried wd40 might effect the coating so we used maf sensor cleaner as its pretty much the same as electrical contact cleaner.
Oh and it was his first time 4wding and he learnt the hard way.
it was pretty stressful for him to sit in 80k wet but we all had a laugh at the end of the day.
The car dried out pretty quickly up north but it was funny every time he went to buy a beer he would get asked why the money in his wallet was wet.
If you have any footage of it Rusty I would love to see it as we were a little busy trying to get him out to film it. Send me a pm if you do mate...

Hey Rusty, that was my mates f250 I was in the back nav that crossed behind him. We pulled the ecu and blew it out with the compressor. the ecu board had a coating on it and we were worried wd40 might effect the coating so we used maf sensor cleaner as its pretty much the same as electrical contact cleaner.
Oh and it was his first time 4wding and he learnt the hard way.
it was pretty stressful for him to sit in 80k wet but we all had a laugh at the end of the day.
The car dried out pretty quickly up north but it was funny every time he went to buy a beer he would get asked why the money in his wallet was wet.
If you have any footage of it Rusty I would love to see it as we were a little busy trying to get him out to film it. Send me a pm if you do mate...

Was that in 2012 around July/August? I would around some mates if anyone got footage. Not to be rude but if it was your mate he was a little cocky and we did offer a recovery vehicle which he laughed at us about and tried to be a tough man. We politely sat and watched.

Rusty

Dirty water + heat = excellent conditions for corrosion. There's a good chance the feet of the fuses have a film on them now - pull each one out and reinsert (do each twice). This will clean the contacts up. Do the same for all connector plugs - they don't suffer as badly, but still can.

Yea Rusty August I think from memory. Yea he was being cocky. he had never been
4wding and up until that point the f truck was doing everything easy so he fell in to the old trap. he wouldn't listen to us either and as he had drove the last creek easy and seen the bt50 go through without trouble he thought he would do it easy.
its all history now but he learnt his lesson the hard / expensive way .
I must admit it was a high pressure situation with all the onlookers giving advice but im glad I got through un scathed. We saw the guy in the prado at palm creek. his wife was going off at him saying he was mad and not to drive through palm ck. so we were surprised to see she let him do nolans.
If you do have footage of the f truck or my nav crossing I would love to see it and it might come in handy at parties for ribbing my mate too Ha ha.

Yea Rusty August I think from memory. Yea he was being cocky. he had never been
4wding and up until that point the f truck was doing everything easy so he fell in to the old trap. he wouldn't listen to us either and as he had drove the last creek easy and seen the bt50 go through without trouble he thought he would do it easy.
its all history now but he learnt his lesson the hard / expensive way .
I must admit it was a high pressure situation with all the onlookers giving advice but im glad I got through un scathed. We saw the guy in the prado at palm creek. his wife was going off at him saying he was mad and not to drive through palm ck. so we were surprised to see she let him do nolans.
If you do have footage of the f truck or my nav crossing I would love to see it and it might come in handy at parties for ribbing my mate too Ha ha.

Oh boy that old nutty in the prado was crazy. Ecspecially with thay anchor hooked to the rear. Not even twin lockers and the 4 maxtraxs we used got him out. Ended up snatching him with a mates patrol but by that time it was to late. We were unhooking the trailer so he could get traction to drive out but ohwell. Ill ask around

Rusty

Thanks mate. yea we saw him later in the week he did make it to the tip but every time we saw him he was pissed off. It could of been because we kept asking him if his mattress had dried out yet. Hee he.

well I got navara going again it needed a new computer and gearbox/diffs and transfer oils changed as they were full of water

Back