Flushing a Radiator

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WayneD4T

Reaction score
We are helping out a young lass to get mobile so she can hopefully get herself a job and bought a cheapie '91 Ford Corsair. After a few RWC issues finally got it registered. Now that it is driving the temp is within normal range however when it climbs up hills the temp rises into high. The resiviour has some gunge in it but I can't tell if the radiatior is clear/clean due to the coolant. I want to flush it and give it a clean out. My question is - by dropping the bottom hose and letting it drain do you put the hose at the bottom to flush out or just block the bottom and release when full or does a flush require more gusto from a radiator company (professionally cleaned). Any suggestion /advise will be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
WayneD4T

Its probably cheaper to buy a new radiator off ebay than take it to get flushed.
If you didnt want to do that i guess you could try dropping bottom hose and getting a pressure cleaner in there and going for it

Get some radiator flush from repco or the corner servo. Usually comes in a little bottle. Follow the instructions. If that doesnt work, drive down to local rad shop for a quote.

Latest posts

Back