FM radio problem in D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acko13

Reaction score
Got an annoying problem with the radio in my 2010 (Spanish built) D40.
It works fine on the AM band but on FM (especially 104.7 Triple M) it cuts out for a second or two every 60 seconds or so. I have had other owners say that they have it too but no one has come up with a solution.

Any suggestions (apart from get another radio!)???

For some bizarre reason mine will only get the local christian hellfire and brimstone station!
AM works fine though? I think they are just a crap radio. I will be upgrading when i can be bothered. I usually just use the aux input which works fine. Or just listen to the mighty YD25 up front clattering along.

I had the same problem! Swapped the number where the station was stored (went from 5 to 6 and retuned 5) and it seemed to fix it...
Give that a try?

The standard D40 radio has a mode where it will automatically search for a new channel when the current one loses signal, or something to that effect. There is a way to get into the radio's setup and disable that feature, unfortunately I can't remember the procedure.

Hopefully someone will be along shortly to add some detail!

there is a 'Hidden" menu in the radio that you can turn it off, it will automatically go to that setting if the battery is disconnected or the radio looses power.

i will find the thread and get you a link, im pretty sure there are two threads about this issue.

Gotta love the Internet.

Thank you very much for the advice....I cured the problem in about ten seconds by disabling the AF feature. Too easy fellas.

Cheers
Acko

Latest posts

Back