Follow up to my Blinking MIL

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

technitium

Reaction score
Couple of weeks ago I asked the question about the reason for a blinking MIL on a zd30ddt.

I've still got the problem.

I've drained the bottom of the filter and it went ok for a couple of short drives but now it comes on at the turn of the key or within 10 seconds of running then dies. I've primed it to the point where the pump is hard and started it however It struggled to get going so I kept priming until it was at an even idle but now I go no low end power. I can get it up in revs once I get passed the 1500rpm mark but it blows thick blue/white smoke. Nothing at idle. I'm wondering if there is an airlock in it as the primer does not go hard while it's running? Is that correct thinking?

Can anyone point me in the right direction. In NZ so lockdown means no chance and getting to a mechanic anytime soon and I've got far too much time on my hands.

Anymore information that is needed to help diagnose then I will try my best.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
firs thing you can do is read the codes. just need a bit of electrical wire for that. instructions are around here somewhere.

make sure the intake butterflys are staying open.

check glow plugs for voltage (use a light bulb if you don't have a meter).
check fuse etc.

flashed the codes. what a mission. couldn't get it to work had a look everywhere online decided id move on and check the fuses. WOW. missing quite a few, not just blown, completely missing. guess thats what you get when you buy it off a farmer. replaced them. some of them that were missing i cant believe the thing has gone for the 40,000ks Ive owned it or someone has been flogging them.

After flashing the codes I got heaps back, i think they had never been cleared once fixed so I cleared them and rechecked, came back with 0707 which is the fuel injector pump timing control.

read a few threads on it and did a quick google to see how much one is worth and Ive decided to exhaust all other options before I drop 2k on one.

What would my next steps be?

Last edited:
0707 is not timing control, its basically failure to achieve timing.
the most common cause of this is blocked up fuel filter or air being sucked into the fuel lines.
quite common to have the fuel primer fail and it allows air to be sucked in.

otherwise its a worn injection pump.which is a sizeable job to replace.
so check all the cheap things first.

i've had the wrong filter fitted before and had one that the filter medium collapsed.

Latest posts

Back