Forum rules

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sparra04

Reaction score
FORUM RULES

Although the administrators and moderators of The Navara Forum will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of The Navara Forum, nor vBulletin Solutions, Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws

The owners of The Navara Forum reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Last edited:
once again we have had a member (krankin) post a thread that was designed to do nothing but stir shit and upset people
I was up early enough to catch it and manage it appropriately, that member is now banned permanently and thread was removed
basically he was having a go at me for altering evlstx post a few days ago, attack me and I will react..simple

we (admins,mods) have a job to do, we don't get paid,we don't receive gifts, we do it in the best interests of the members and the forum
so if you find yourself in a position where you have been given a short banning (we are very lenient) and come back on here with all guns blazing and you start attacking..... you will loose, its that simple

to the overwhelming majority of members we thank you for your input and assistance in keeping this forum on the right track
have your say, have a rant, yell and scream, if you think you are being treated unfairly say so, but be mature and reasonable
to the troublemakers, you cant win, the odds are against you right from the start

cheers

Last edited:
I can see what he was trying to say. And in a way I agree with what he said. The other thread could have been dealt with in a MUCH better way

I disagree
evlstx came on to upset everyone, I simply turned it back on him, it was also a gentle reminder to all that we can edit posts and threads, how would you have handled it?

I will also add that I don't always get it right, I was pulled up on an issue a few weeks ago by another member, he was right and I accept that and i deleted certain comments where requested
I am always open to suggestions and ideas, and encourage input from everyone

Last edited:
Handled well Sparra only thing is his previous breakdown referring to others wives ect in the d40 timing chain thread was filthy enough to warrant a permanent ban, it's sad that he had a second chance and returned with the same garbage.

Handled well Sparra only thing is his previous breakdown referring to others wives ect in the d40 timing chain thread was filthy enough to warrant a permanent ban, it's sad that he had a second chance and returned with the same garbage.

that's right, he was banned for 6 mths about 7 mths ago,i hoped if he came back on he would be reasonable, not so

if anyone is offended by any post or thread simply flag it by ticking the box
ALL admin/mods get notified and can intervene where needed
it is a constant battle to keep this forum reasonably clean and family friendly
people have different opinions on what is acceptable and what isn't, some are more easily offended than others, some believe there opinion is the only one that's right, our job is to balance it out

Personally I think we get it right most of the time

Last edited:
This forum - like many forums - attracts people of all dispositions, experiences and temperaments.

Many forums suffer from those that have little more to offer than abuse. Some forums handle it well, others don't. Some react excessively (in my opinion) where people are banned for the smallest infractions, and others let it go for so long that the people who are trying to get some information out of the forum are diverted/distracted by the noise.

We have a directive here to keep this as a "family environment". So far, it's been appreciated that we can keep the trolling to a minimum, we let some of it slide and people get a little giggle and let it go. Some of it we HAVE to react to, because it threatens the greater goal. There's no point having the forum if people who WANT to participate (on a meaningful level) are driven away by some of the participants who don't care about the place beyond stirring the pot and seeing what happens.

It's not what we're about. We're not completely draconian, but we will act in the better interests of the forum. This forum isn't about the admins, either - it's about the people who come here to get help with, or chat about, their Navaras.

In relation to that other post, I don't see a problem with it. I have no idea what went on with Steve, it's possible that it wasn't him at all, but maybe someone close to him that got his computer and decided to destroy his reputation. His facebook account is gone, too. Either way, they asked to leave, they got their wish and the thread was dealt with.

We could have just moved the thread out, but given that the original thread intent was to just slag off at people, it was interesting to see it turned around.

What was more interesting was how many people vocally supported the moderator's actions - and that vocal support would have had many more silent supporters (as you'd expect). The converse is also true, of course. However, if people don't like the way the forum is managed, they have every right to complain (and making a sensible, meaningful complaint is more likely to achieve results than "Ya'll a buncha fags!!!") just as they have every right to leave.

For the record, I stand behind Sparra's actions (not behind Sparra, of course, we aren't buddies like that). If anyone DOES have a complaint to make against the moderators or admins of the forum, they can bring that up privately with the forum owner (send a pm to Dylan) or any other admin/mod and discuss it.

I dunno. I just wouldn't have given him the satisfaction. Ban him and delete thread would have been my approach. As you said though, different people have different views etc.

Personally I think we get it right most of the time

Too right you do - keep pluggin away. I also reckon that most folk recognise that it a learn-on-the-job deal for you blokes too - so the odd stuff up accepted (and I don't think there's been many either).

This last nutter was handled well. So cheers to the mods!

Sadly a current member that's not logged on for a long time tracked down my personal email address after I posted light hearted jokes about the rig he/she drives, these threats I received are all recorded by the police.Nothing said for a while but rather than flag it I ignored it but if that fuuck is watching offline.:bootyshake:

if anyone is offended by any post or thread

keep this forum reasonably clean and family friendly

YES....I totally have an issue with the admins allowing a member whom is a regular poster to have part of his name being 'mofo'....do I need to spell out what "mofo' means?????

joke or not its offensive....but I'll shut up...since its ok here...

tho, I may change my name then to my high school class moto....

****QLD

Fine Upcoming Career Kids Queensland.

Cheers.:rock:

Mofo care to reply?
Anyone else offended or think its inappropriate?

Maybe he could change to mofongo?

In all seriousness Sparra, should the forum rules stand alone? That is, should this thread have been locked after the rules were stated and if anyone thinks the rules have been breached, wouldn't it be more appropriate that they should send a PM to admin/mods?

Not having a go at anyone but who wants to see the dirty laundry :pleasantry:

once again we have had a member (krankin) post a thread that was designed to do nothing but stir shit and upset people
I was up early enough to catch it and manage it appropriately, that member is now banned permanently and thread was removed
basically he was having a go at me for altering evlstx post a few days ago,

cheers

Yeah I saw it about 5 this morning. Didn't worry me but what did amaze me he was still trawling the forum after being banned so long ago. Looks like he worked out how to manipulate how to unban himself to have a spray. Now that really is a sad bitter bloke. Life is to short for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back