Free under-body protection and diagrams!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooper

Reaction score
Now that Ive lured you in...

This goes for either D40 or D22.

I'm looking for someone who is in the Western Australia southern area who has these tjm/drown davis guards or any other brands. I know someone who is using CAD and I would like to borrow some plates to draw them up and make a template for everyone.

If someone is willing to part with either the sump-transmission guard and the rear diff guard for a couple of weeks (max) I will have time to draw them up for the whole forum.

They will not be altered, stolen or used in anyway except having a ruler, protractor and micrometer used on them so we can get exact measurements.

I live in Albany but commute to Perth alot. I will come and pick them up or pay for freight if need be.

This will be a great benefit for everyone and shouldn't take much time.

sounds like a great idea, i would like to do the same, if only we could borrow someone's so we could draw it up???

You do realize that copying a commercial plate would be illegal right?

only if the design is registered - and whoever holds the design registration gets an examination (from IP Australia) and finds that the product is a copy of the original (then it is actually a federal offence) - else - you can pretty much do what you like.

In this case you would be using the plates as a reference - the finished product would ultimately be different from the original - there is at least 3 or 4 versions of this (type of) product in the marketplace - so there is no novelty in the design.

I dare say anyone can measure the plates
Its of we tried to "Copy" their design for resale we would run into legal issues
If someone was to post a set of measurements without saying where they got them then surely no harm no foul lol

Latest posts

Back