Choosing The Right Recovery Gear

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey no matter how careful you are there are always times when equipment fails and accidents happen. We always use a safety line or strap whenever we are doing a recovery of anything beached and not a straight rolling tow

I've got some basic recovery gear now:

Recovery_Gear.jpg

The winch extension, tree protector and bow shackles are from ARB.

I will probably get myself an exhaust jack, snatch block, another dampener and some more bow shackles to complete the set. I bought myself an army duffle bag to carry it all in - it's not light, and I want it all together.

What won't fit in the bag (that I haven't bought yet but will probably get before I head towards the interior of Australia) is a long-handled shovel.

I won't get a high-lift jack - I am not experienced with them, and don't wish to endanger myself or my family or become another statistic in the "Stupid things people done with high lift jacks" hall of fame.

Last edited:
i'm going to bump this thread and suggest that it should be made a sticky in teh forums, it's extremely useful to know about the recovery gear and the pro's and cons of using each item, it's certainly given me some food for thought! thanks guys!

Latest posts

Back