From what year are Navaras safe from chassis cracking issues

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paulo1

Reaction score
Hi all looking at a 2013 but checking if the chassis issue was still happening on the spainish produced Navara.

It depends. If you are going to load it to or above the maximum capacity then go off road at high speed you will crack most pickup chassis.

If you live somewhere where rock salt is applied to the roads, the pre 2010 chassis were more prone to corrosion which weakened the chassis until it broke.

Mate I go off road heaps. I travel pretty light.. fridge, seat, table, chairs, food boxes and a few other things like firewood, cooking stuff etc.. I’ve had no issues. My bags and a few other things are in rear seats. I take it easy. Never measured it but I’d have to say no more than 150kg at an absolute max and most would be over axle or in front. People will try scare u but the reality is it’s rarity. I’ve called my insurance and inquired and its not a common claim. Also it’s not Navara specific. It’s all dual cabs. People on here will tell you otherwise and try scare you.

Also it’s not Navara specific. It’s all dual cabs.
so true. it typically involves hanging max weight way behind the rear axle where leverage takes effect. add on trailer and rough roads.
usually because people fit really long trays, because dual cab trays are small and don't fit much, and also extend the tow hitch. then counter the huge sag with springs/airbags.
if you want to put max weight in a light weight ute, then use a single cab.

Latest posts

Back