front crank case seal

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgladwin

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My mechanic told me yesterday the front crank case seal is leaking.
I actually knew there was a leak but didn't know exactly where it was coming from and it didn't seem that bad.

What is the process of replacing this seal? I guess I mean how much of the engine bay needs to come out before you can change the seal? Is it something someone with reasonable mechanical skills would attempt with no instruction?

On another note, I have a project in the works (read: in my head) regarding the lower radiator mounts. The existing ones are bending down and the radiator is dislocating from the two top mounts causing me to loose the rubber mountings which in turn causes the entire radiator to want to dry hump the engine fan on any dirt roads.
If I am going to pull the radiator out and fashion myself some new (stronger) bottom radiator mounts, should I get right into it and do the crank case seal at the same time.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Martin

you might want to find abit more info on the front oil seal as by the time you get to and remove the front pulley balancer it might pay to have the timing chain replaced while your pretty close. i mention this as others have said it costs around $2,500 to replace the timing chain.

Latest posts

Back