Front Speakers

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dooey281088

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I have been following this forum for a while but this is my first post.

I am looking at upgrading my front speakers in my 2011 D22 STR and was wondering if anyone knows the mount depth available for speakers since this will impact greatly on the brand of speakers i get.

Thanks

not sure on the measurement but there is quite a bit of room down there..... the back doors are another issue but.

Thanks for your quick respone D22Nav_Man.
I have just been asuming that most 6 1/5" component speakers will fit the front. The rear as you say is going to be an issue as I dont have factory location speakers in the rear doors.

Not sure on the room but i have got a set of Focal 165KR they are 65mm in depth fit fine, for the back doors you will need to space them and use slims, this sits the speaker VERY close to the back seat. there is no speaker in the rear door but remove the cover and tack a pod together.

Last edited:
Thanks mate. I am looking at Boston Pro60se that are 60 mm depth. Have you got your focals amped or running of the head unit and if so where did you put it?

i have a focal set all round, i do have them amped it sits behind the seat with the 10" sub (you want it up as high as you can, incase you go swimming) its only a small 4 channel (can'tremember what size) because the sub has its own amp.

Wow sounds like you have a nice setup there. I bet that sound quality is the aim. How do the Focals sound. I personally have never heard them but have read some good reviews in sound quality

i have 6 inch alpine splits in the front that are 56mm deep that fit fine and 6x9 alpines in the rear doors where the ashtray is which have a 12mm spacer they miss the seat so don't get distorted sound

Wow sounds like you have a nice setup there. I bet that sound quality is the aim. How do the Focals sound. I personally have never heard them but have read some good reviews in sound quality

Yeh they are fairly sweet, very crisp sound. The rear are off the seat enough to not muffel the sound too much. And the rest looks after its self, and still looks fairly stock black carpet over the pods i made. good luck with it all.

I'm running Morel Tempo 6.5" components in the front of our D22.
There's plenty of room in the front doors to fit a really good quality component speaker, so you shouldn't have any dramas/depth issues.

The real PITA with D22's as everyone has said is the original speaker location in the rear doors.
I purchased Clarion SRQ1621S 6.5" component speakers for the rear and mounted them where the ashtray's were as there is more room/depth to play with and the speaker doesn't face directly at the rear seat.

Got these running through a Kenwood XR-4S amplifier and it really cranks.

All the best with your upgrade.

Cheers,
VCrusty.

I'm running Morel Tempo 6.5" components in the front of our D22.
There's plenty of room in the front doors to fit a really good quality component speaker, so you shouldn't have any dramas/depth issues.

The real PITA with D22's as everyone has said is the original speaker location in the rear doors.
I purchased Clarion SRQ1621S 6.5" component speakers for the rear and mounted them where the ashtray's were as there is more room/depth to play with and the speaker doesn't face directly at the rear seat.

Got these running through a Kenwood XR-4S amplifier and it really cranks.

All the best with your upgrade.

Cheers,
VCrusty.

why if you were to move the speaker, you wouldn't put something bigger in to 'crank'. like mentioned before?

Latest posts

Back