front suspension issue help

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucas 07D40

Reaction score
the nav.jpg
i currently have ironman H/D spings in front with toughdog 9 stage shocks,
i dont like the stance how its sits nose down what would be the best way to change this? get new springs better brand? cheers

evan cheaper option would be to put some gear in the back of your ute. its meant to sit nose down when the rear is unloaded its a ute not a wagon.

just did some measurements and its only 20mm higher than stock height, will have to go back to shop and ask them whats going on.

Dude, it's not the suspension or the people who fitted it. It's because D40's have IFS. With a 2" lift, that's all you will get from the front without spacers.

The other option is to go bigger lift. If you do that, then you will need to do CV's, UCA's, diff drop kit, maybe brake lines etc etc and so forth.

Or you can do a live axel conversion. Then you are talking big bucks and you need to get it engineered as well.

Last edited:
I used 15mm spacers up front ON TOP of a lift kit and managed to get the 50 - 60mm.

20mm from the lift, 30mm and a bit from the 15mm spacers.

Last edited:
I used 15mm spacers up front ON TOP of a lift kit and managed to get the 50mm.

20mm from the lift, 30mm from the 15mm spacers.

you got shit springs then.
going to a 5"diff drop with the works would be roughly the same as doing sas if you know what your doing and its diy.

Shit springs? Plenty of people with OME and several other brands with the same deal. Look up how many threads where people are unhappy with the stance on their D40's from just a 2" lift. Because IFS is shit and the rear comes up like it should and the front doesn't.

Very common problem. Hence why there are also a tonne of threads on spacers on top of lifted springs also :)

Last edited:
first ifs isnt shit it proves better stability and a smoother ride and is more then capable of road when set up correctly do your research on pre running vehicles. nissan didnt build the d40 for rock crawling, its set up for a smooth ride while touring.

and secondly if you only got 20mm out of the front as you say your springs werent rated correctly.

third as i have mentioned above utes are designed to carry load in the rear meaning the suspension should sit level when loaded, NOT UNLOADED.

and forth you should have noticed that the standard rear leafs were flat with less packing then your new ones. which were probably what rated for 300kg extra. which means they should sit level with 300kgs in the rear. which in turn means raising the front to suit an unloaded vehicle will sit nose up pointing your head light straight into oncoming traffic.

if your going to winge about anything winge about the travel and departure/ramp over angles and various other issues.

Last edited:
Hence why i didnt get constant load rears, i got the performance kit all round. It doesn't carry weight in the rear really as i dont do LONG trips that require me taking a heap of shit with me. I got a D40 because i like the body shape and it was selling at the right price.

So i wanted mine almost level with the rear, bar 10mm give or take. If i take the dirt bikes i pull a small bike trailer with pulls the rear down **** all, so it still wont be sitting nose to tail.

your tag says you used ironman leafs you'll actually find that the performance leafs are only rated at 5% less then constant load springs which start at 300kg. and are packed the same.
either way do what you want if you use your ute like a wagon go hard. im just letting you know the cold hard facts. cheers for the entertaining conversation.

hey guys thanks for all the help, when to the shop were the suspension was installed and they didnt put H/D in they made a mistake so they are replacing free of charge :)

your tag says you used ironman leafs you'll actually find that the performance leafs are only rated at 5% less then constant load springs which start at 300kg. and are packed the same.
either way do what you want if you use your ute like a wagon go hard. im just letting you know the cold hard facts. cheers for the entertaining conversation.

Wow, have you been told lately champ? I'd be surprised if not. Anytime. Every forum has it's experts.

Back