Front Tow bar mount

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cabhsv

Reaction score
Has any one mounted a front tow bar mount in the front of there vehicle, to make it easier to push boat trailer/ camper into shed etcc. If so how or any pic's interested.

I saw one at a car yard with what looked like a DIY job, they had like this steel crossmember with the towbar welded on sitting in between the two chassis rails and welded it all up.

would foul anything in front of the car if you took it offroad so IMO seemed pretty stupid.

i've seen a few on patrols and cruisers, saw one on a cruiser yesterday actually. just the receiver without a gooseneck in it, but it was mounted to the driver's side of the chassis rail just below the bullbar. there would be nothing stopping you welding some plate steel, probably 6mm min, to the top of a receiver and mounting it off the chassis rail to one side, the only problem is as above loss of approach angle.

i don't know if there would be a way to mount it easily so you could remove it when you didn't need to use it though, but for a permanent mount you could just get longer bolts for the bullbar mount and bolt it through there...

Latest posts

Back