Fuel consumption play up

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

subz123

Reaction score
I disconnected my battery the ohter day i was ruining cables for my lights on my bar i wanted it to look neat . when i reconected it my fuel consumption on my dash is playing up hard i should be doing 10.3l now im doing 11.4 then it goes down to 10.8 just goes up and down never had this issue before any had the same problem and how do i fix it.
Also i am doing less klm i should be doing 680 to 690 now im doing 620😕

Sure someone else here will answer your question more accurately but just me taking a guess would be the computer maybe reset and is relearning, I think something similar happened to mine a while back.

Yeah, it has just been reset, so is 're-learning'.

The average fuel consumption calculation has less data to calculate your average now that it has been reset, so it's easier to get it to change at the moment. As you drive more and more you'll find that it settles down.

I don't know if you mean your range estimate has changed, or how much you're actually getting. If it's how much you're actually getting, I find the same when I reset the ECU. I think it runs a bit rich until it works out how you drive and adjusts the fueling as appropriate.

I think your spot on Wayne.. ive reset mine only twice now and usally say on around 8 - 8.5. First time i reset on thehighway it dropped as low 6 L-100km
After i put on bigger tyres and reset it won't drop under 9. Not a huge worry- bigger tyres giving different measurement

Ok ill try and drive it on the fwy see how i got it still wont drop under 11.4

Back