Fuel consumption/snorkel

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

06nav

Reaction score
Hey guys what are you getting out of a tank of fuel? I seem to get about 550k to a tank no matter how I drive it but I hear of people getting 600-700. Why do you think that is? My snorkel and air filter box is blowing some air out instead of sucking it in, has anyone else had the same problem if it is a problem?

Don't have an 06 model but my zd30 patrol did the same thing with a snorkel, blowing air instead of sucking in. Can be fixed apparently. I remember a video i saw of a 3 inch exhaust and a couple of other things helping to stop that.

Should be getting better economy than that though. Maybe need a tune or something?

My mechanic seemed to think a valve may be leaking leading to dropping a cylinder? It has been the same ever since I bought it at 30,000k and at 75,000k had a brand new long block thrown in and it was still the same.

snorkel blowing air out?? that seems weird. if it's air tight, how is the engine running if it's not sucking through the snorkel???

It's only a small amount of air, if you put paper up to it it will flutter, some people have said they all do it and others say different things, not sure what's going on, wether it has always been like that or if I have only just noticed

Hey guys what are you getting out of a tank of fuel? I seem to get about 550k to a tank no matter how I drive it but I hear of people getting 600-700. Why do you think that is? My snorkel and air filter box is blowing some air out instead of sucking it in, has anyone else had the same problem if it is a problem?

Really need to quote fuel consumption figures, not a tank full. I,ve ran mine with the fuel light on and got 720 out of it.

I have the standard tank, 66l? I will drive it and it will take 65l so it must be nearly empty, and that would give me 550k no matter wether I'm towing my trailer, not towing, highway or city or how hard I am or how hard I'm not driving it.

Just had a look. It does say 75l tank. Wonder why my light comes on so early. Might just try driving a little further every now and then and see what happens

my 06 gets about 650km to a tank when the fuel light comes on, consumption of 10.3-10.5L/100km no matter what I do (beach, bush tracks, city, highway) I have been taking note of it for the last year to, takes about 65-66L to fill it up, I have BFG AT 265/75r16's and a alloy bar as far as accessories go.

for what it is, big direct injection 4cyl diesel I am happy with that.

Last edited:
Whenever I fill up it usually takes 60-65l and has 550 on it. I wonder if anything can be done to get a bit better out of it

when did you last change your fuel filter? ever run some injector cleaner through it? believe it or not it makes a difference if the injectors are dirty, when I first got mine it had 62000km on the clock I was getting 57-590km or so from a tank, ran two bottles of injector cleaner through and like I said now get 650km

Only 2 weeks ago. All filters, oil, radiator flush. Did run a bottle of something through but didn't do much. Ill check what it was called, what did you use?

nulon diesel injector cleaner, ran 2 bottles through, 1 for each tank fill I did, took a couple of weeks to come good.

what fuel do you use as well? I get 30km more on shell diesel instead of caltex vortex (which is meant to be the best thing since two stroke oil).

So it's just a additive you put down the tank? Haha yes I use caltex because it was supposed to be the best but a couple people have now said to use shell

Latest posts

Back