fuel consumption

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how many kilometers per tank a 2011 5spd auto thai turbo diesel duel cab with factory tyres and no mods should be getting. Average driving some motorway and some city. Im getting about 550km.

For that particular model, that's about average. For some reason- no one seems to know why but it's pretty well documented, has heavier fuel consumption than other models.

Same model as mine. With 265/70r16 tyres, canopy, roof racks and nudge bar as well as approx 200kg load i get 680km for 76ltr. It seem consistent but most of my driving is highway and i dont baby it (at all!)
Yours sounds about average or a bit under. Give it a really good service and reset the ECU. Might help. Any injector rattle? As injectors wear the economy goes down and the power up as more fuel is going in.
What milage is on the car? Mine is 162,000
Cheers

Hi guys, don't mean to hijack this thread, but I have an 08 D40 petrol, and just got back from a 1000km trip towing a 18 ft van, I have minimal accessories on the car, and the van wasn't overloaded at all.
My wife usually drives this car and quite often complains about the fuel economy or lack there of, so I thought I would record the consumption details on this trip.
I got 21.5L/100kms or 4.66kms per Ltr, absolutely atrocious.
The vehicle has 195k on the clock, is serviced regularly and has power to burn. Idles nice and smooth, no real issues I know of.
Any ideas on why it would be returning these poor figures?

I got 7.9l into work this morning :/

Those sort of figures are possible and I have achieved them in my 2011 Thai model manual. However that is driving 15K to work each way with 80K zones all the way and 2 traffic lights to negotiate and even them I have to drive like grandma to achieve that.

Hi guys, don't mean to hijack this thread, but I have an 08 D40 petrol, and just got back from a 1000km trip towing a 18 ft van, I have minimal accessories on the car, and the van wasn't overloaded at all.
My wife usually drives this car and quite often complains about the fuel economy or lack there of, so I thought I would record the consumption details on this trip.
The vehicle has 195k on the clock, is serviced regularly and has power to burn. Idles nice and smooth, no real issues I know of.

Defo something wrong there. MAFS, eCU reset and go from there

Just a update on the fuel consumption. Just got bf Goodrich AT 265/70/16r. 45psi and am now getting 530km average. Might look into ecu reset.

with all the accessories fitted. see my signature. I get 12.3L/100km
I think it's pretty good. Did however get 7'sL/100km stock nothing fitted.

I got 8s on a trip the other day..110kmph flat road,cruze on,no wind its 08 td manual kingcab 2400kgs (loaded) chipit on 12 but dte/dtuk injector chip turned off..few other engine mods tho. 33s and big lift.best stats ive EVER seen!!!!!

Bugger. Stock standard 5spd auto thai build 2011 570ish km on the factory tyres. New 265/70r 16 bf Goodrich AT for two weeks and I am getting 510 - 530 km max. No load at all normal driving 50/50 mix motorway and built up areas.
Regular servicing at nissan with no smoke when under load. Had a noise in second gear that sounded like a washing machine on a washing cycle. Nissan couldn't find nor hear the noise. Noise was rare but was there in any condition day or night. Now with the new tyres the noise is there everyday. Got a lead for a independent diesel mechanic that aparently will do a good job of I hope fault finding so I can get things pushed through nissan warranty.

I still only got a bit over 500 from the tank...but head/sidewinds most of the way over and back...just surprised that how amazing it was under good conditions..

Just thought I would update you all if interested on my fuel economy figures. I just run another tank of fuel through after resetting the ECU and doing nothing else. Got 450 kms from the tank, 13.6 litres per hundred, kms down from 21.5 litres per hundred kms, and 7.35 kms per litre, up from 4.66 kms per litre. That is a 37% increase in fuel economy just by resetting the ECU. I MUST SAY I AM AMAZED AT THESE RESULTS. I must add that I wasn't towing the van on this last tank, but it was a lot of stop and start town driving.

Last edited:
Just thought I would update you all if interested on my fuel economy figures. I just run another tank of fuel through after resetting the ECU and doing nothing else. Got 450 kms from the tank, 13.6 litres per hundred, kms down from 21.5 litres per hundred kms, and 7.35 kms per litre, up from 4.66 kms per litre. That is a 37% increase in fuel economy just by resetting the ECU. I MUST SAY I AM AMAZED AT THESE RESULTS. I must add that I wasn't towing the van on this last tank, but it was a lot of stop and start town driving.

Sorry but you can't compare a tank towing the van to a tank not towing the van. Of course it will be more efficient. That's like making you walk 20km carrying a pack that weighs 50kg and being exhausted at the end, and comparing it to do the same with no extra weight, where you would be nowhere near as exhausted.

My d40 2011 Thai built 5 spd with 265/75/16 with canopy, with internal bars and steel racks, steel side steps, bullbar, fridge, all week every week gets 550ks per 3 quaters of a tank. I never let it run any lower. When it was stock i was getting over 600ks to 3 quaters.

I'm using about 9.5l/100km in my D22. That's giving it a little stick to and from work (690km round trip) each fortnight. That's through the hills west of Mackay aswell.

Ive got my car booked for nissan to go on the road with me for what I hope will result in some warranty issues identified and dealt with, fuel economy one of them.

There will never be an average for what we all drive. Any mod will cause a different result and how we chose to tow. Larger tyres will chew it as for roof racks as well. We all drive with a different style and heavy towing will show. At 90kph I get around 13/100 with the van. At 110-130 it will rise to 18-22ltrs Around town constant 9ltrs/100. Your personal driving style and a correctly tuned car will keep this down.

Latest posts

Back