Fuel consumption.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice thanks for the help thinking of a stx 2.5 heard they are very heavy on fuel i tow a 8 by 6 tandem and a 18 foot ski boat

You're welcome for the help, I think it's the wording that helped you so much.

Anything is heavy on fuel if you town constant loads, although an 8 x 6 couldn't/shouldn't weight much more than a tonne so it's not going to be a huge drag.

Check out the fuel thread in the D40 section, you'll find more accurate D40 figures and some of those will be with trailers. But always take into account the right foot is the biggest factor in fuel economy and everyones right foot is different so none of the figures are definitive they are just figures for one persons vehcile.

I just filled with shell this week and went down south coast. Got a measly 560 kms. Pissed off

i get that almost most time. did get 600 the last fill.

zd30, 95000, 33s, 3inch exhaust, intercooled,

and my speedo is within 1, 2kmh at 100kmh with the 33s

Last edited:
Up to 1080km's at the moment on this tank.

Will fill it up this arvo/tonight.

Expecting around 10.3L/100km's like usual.

Been using a fair bit of right foot this week. Haha.

Fatboy, does your ZD30 blow anymore smoke with BP diesel ?

My mates YD25 is smoking a fair bit.

Last time I ran BP fuel, thought the turbo was going to blow.

Mine doesnt blow any smoke =)
Shes a freshy!.
And plus Exhaust is dumped after the cat so i probably wouldnt notice it much anyways

Got a record figure last tank

Model: D22 STR 2006
Engine: ZD30DDT
Auto or Manual: Manual
Rough guess on weight : Ballpark 2000kg

67.31L for 745km's (25klms driven on fuel light) = 9.03L per 100km's

My average fuel consumption over the last 12 months has been 9.82lph, I can really explain the lower figure except for the fact i drove a little slower on the F3 on that last tank but i also filled at a hiflow pump. I have been using Shell for a while now.

A blast from the past with my QD32! With the bigger Exhaust, Headers, LPG system, HiFLo Filter and Snorkel, I'm routinely getting about 780km around town from around 68Lt! I do use Morey's Diesel additive for the gas though!

Interestingly though, my economy drops away on the highway with lots of headwind, and/or speed over 110km - approaching 3000 rpm! The figure drops to around 600-650km from 68Lt!

I did a recent trip with a mate running the Series 2 ZD30, and noted that I'm doing higher revs for a given speed, so final drive is different. His economy didn't change much, so my higher revs and my lack of a Turbo take their toll!

Thinking of Turbo very soon! Engine's done 280k, but I take good care of her and a recent compression test came back 440, 440, 420, 400!

Cheers,

Rog

get about 13-13.5 L/ 100km
combination of 32's, heavy foot and city
however in Trinidad fuel is subsidized
therefore it cost $1.5tt or $0.24AU per Liter

Latest posts

Back