Fuel leak

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

horto

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Recently I have noticed a difference in my fuel economy, im using more fuel not significantly but enough to notice earlier than usual trips to the bowser. I decided to put it over the pit at work and see what i could find. I noticed fluid at base of my engine and on my gear box, i smelt it and it smelt like fuel, with further inspection i noticed the there was diesel on the rhs of my engine. I then looked around the top of the engine and found wetness at the 2nd injector line. Started the engine and watched but couldnt see any leak, then got a mate from work to look at it hen i fed it a bit, he said it looked like fuel came out but when i looked on and he gave it some revs i couldnt see a leak. I slacken it off slightly and retensioned to hope it sealed at a different spot. Was just curious if anyone else has had a similar issue or know of problems with leaking injector lines or something?

Gday mate, Did you ever get to the bottom of your fuel leak problem? I have exactly the same symptoms but also in turn the fuel that leaked down caused road grit and grease and muck to get inside my starter motor somehow and block it up till it died. Was wondering what you might have found wrong? It's looking like a not so fun Sunday at the moment.
Cheers

Back