Fuel light to empty

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofx

Reaction score
Anyone know about how many usable litres are left in the tank when the fuel light comes on for a 2012 d22? All things being equal that is, eg, flat, level road, no sharp corners etc to slosh the fuel around. Thanks

Depends on your economy probably. The owners manual should tell you how many litres are left when the light comes on. Most cars are between 6 and 10 litres when it comes on, so probably up to 100km. I've never seen the light come on in my 2010 model and the most I have seen is about 730km on the odometer, even after that the light hadn't come on.

100km max, also depends on ur mods and tyres

Yeah, I considered all those variables, that's whay I asked about litres available, not km's. I read the manual cover to cover when I bought the thing. I'll have another look through the manual, I just don't recall any mention of how many litres left.

while they do have fuel coolers i would highly recommend not to run fuel low. fuel will get really hot especially in your guys summer.

Ok, ta. Why does ambient temp of the fuel affect it? Genuine question. Does the ecu have trouble dealing with the change in density of the higher temp fuel? I know little about engines and am just trying to go back to first principles and how/why temp could be a factor.

ecu adapts to fuel temp but only to a point. fairly sure it starts reducing fuel after a certain point and will flag an error.

the other thing is very hot fuel is bad for the pump. lubrication reduces with heat.

I've done about 60km after the light came on, but this was a few days after I got the car, so it had NOTHING on it. Was on the way back to Melbourne, and was literally shitting my self. So I'm not sure how much further I could have gone.

While we're on the fuel gauge, I have a question.
I fill up my tank, to the max. The car then goes forever, until the gauge reaches exactly half way. But from there on, the needle just drops way faster than the from full to half.
So I get about 400-420km from full to half, and then about 180-200 from half till light comes on.
Because of this, am I right to assume that needle sitting on half, is not directly proportionate a tank half full ?

That's normal mate i get 250-270 before it gets to 75% then you think wow and give it a little more and down you go i allways get 500 at half if i drive normal but yes if you were silly enough and ran it dry 800-900 is what you get from a tank unloaded on normal tyres

We have a 2010 2.5 CR D22; when it was run in, but near new, the light came on about 90km south of Coober Pedy. I dropped the speed down to around 70kmh on the speedo & limped into CP. Yes, we got there, but buggered if I'd ever try that again! Went & bought jerrycans after that lol!

Latest posts

Back